Is this the career move you always wanted to make? The search is now on for a seasoned professional to head our procurement function in Jyväskylä or Järvenpää.
In this strategic role within our Board and Paper Mills Business Unit and as a member of its Delivery Operations management team, you will have a ringside seat to optimize, develop and manage our supplier and partner network in alignment with business needs and targets. You will focus on overseeing and boosting our suppliers' delivery performance, cost improvement and quality. An integral part of this role will be close collaboration with all internal stakeholders. To support you in this task, you will have a dedicated procurement team based primarily in Jyväskylä. As a manager in Valmet, besides the day-to-day managerial duties, you will continuously work towards and encourage a high level of engagement and performance in your team.
To be successful in this position, you need to have:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or comparable
- Related solid experience (5 years+) in a global company in a leading position
- Understanding of working in a matrix organization
- A proven track record of influencing and aligning stakeholders to achieve complex goals across organizational boundaries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good social and negotiation skills
- Proven team management track record
- Knowledge of cultural differences and ability to adapt communication style accordingly
We offer a challenging position in an international business environment and opportunities for both professional development and personal growth.
For additional information about this position, feel free to contact Kari Ranta, Head of Delivery Operations at +358 40 838 6945. Calling times: April 26 between 11:00-12:00, April 30 between 13:00–14:00 and May 2 between 9:00–11:00. To apply, fill out our electronic application form and submit by May 10, 2019 at the latest.
Did you know that Valmet Finland stands out as a non-smoking workplace?
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 12,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
Join the team and share that feeling of working together to make a difference! www.valmet.com/careers