Application Development Scientist
Sartorius Biohit Liquid Handling Oy
Would you like to set new standards in a dynamic international environment by taking part in contributing innovative ideas? Are you a co-operative team player with a positive can-do attitude, a structured approach to work and a high level of commitment?
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Application Development Scientist with a passion for science, technology and innovation. This position is based in Helsinki, Finland and will report into the international Product Development structure headquartered in Göttingen, Germany.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Independently design, conduct, and analyse experiments to support primarily the liquid handling and sample prep steps in various customer applications and workflows. Set up and establish respective lab processes.
- Work in the lab to generate data for products and to recommend customer process as well as product improvements
- Play a key role in future product innovation and roadmap by understanding the customer workflows and customer needs
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues to meet project goals
- Participate and present in regular group meetings and collaborate with the international development teams.
- Support writing of application notes, white papers and technical notes in collaboration with Marketing
- Visit customer sites, expos and scientific meetings to provide technical information around the use of products/processes
- Provide application support internally and externally (to Customers/R&D/Product Development, Sales, & Marketing) by assisting with technical queries and application trainings
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Cellular Biology, Virology, Immunology or Biochemistry/Chemistry or a related area combined with minimum 3 years of relevant experience conducting research in laboratory in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Proven experience in the use of the following basic techniques such as ELISA, PCR, flow cytometry, cell imaging and cell culture
- Proven scientific writing experience for articles and publications
- Knowledge in the area of development and validation of assays and GLP regulations
- Excellent documentation skills of protocols and results
- Strong customer focus
- Capability to run several projects in parallel
- Good communication and collaboration skills to support work in cross-functional teams
- Proactive personality and commitment to succeed in the given tasks
- Very good command of English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to travel globally and work for typically 1-4 week periods in other Sartorius locations based on project needs (mainly Europe)
We offer you:
- Interesting projects and a challenging full-time position in an international and growing laboratory and bioprocess technology business
- Flexible work environment and good benefits including extensive occupational healthcare services, flexible working hours, possibilities to remote work, supported lunch and well-being services
- To make Sartorius a great place to work we support our company values: openness, sustainability and enjoyment
For more information, please contact Hannes Jantunen, Head of Product Development at email@example.com
Does the position offered match your skill set? If yes, we look forward to receiving your job application in English (including your CV, salary request and the earliest date you can start working) as soon as possible!