Senior Manager, SustainabilityMetso Outotec
We are now looking for Senior Manager, Sustainability. The location for this role is global/negotiable.
This role will place you at the heart of Metso Outotec’s Business Area Services organization which is driven by the ambition to become the benchmark and number-one choice for sustainable products and services in the mining and aggregates industries.
As Senior Manager, Sustainability you will be helping both our organization and our customers to achieve their sustainability ambitions. Your expertise will drive the business area handprint sustainability initiatives from initiation to full implementation. Business Area Services is one of the five business areas in Metso Outotec, and in this role, you will also support achieving the Group’s sustainability targets.
• Support the Services business area sustainability journey, from defining and implementing our strategy to reporting
• Develop a sustainability strategy for Services BA, understand customer needs and develop the strategy to best support them achieve the sustainability targets
• Develop new business opportunities in the field of sustainability
• Focus on leading the Handprint initiatives: project management for all Sustainability related activity within the business area. This will include contributing to the development of digital interfaces to make handprint and footprint information available to our customers and other stakeholders.
• Hands-on involvement in the implementation phase for selected initiatives including data analysis
• Closely follow up and align Services sustainability initiatives with the rest of the organization
• Communicate internally and externally the sustainability initiatives and lead change management programs linked to the sustainability topics
• Provide input to the broader business area strategy development
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong project management skills (minimum experience 4+ years)
• Knowledge and experience of business strategy and operations, with either a strong financial background and/or experience in the field of decarbonization strategies, impact measurement and non-financial reporting
• Passionate about supporting our customers to achieve their targets
• Ability to think strategically, but also identify, develop and implement practical solutions
• Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills and the ability to solve new problems
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to network effectively within the organization and build relationships with colleagues and customers
• Ability to lead new business development by highlighting potential opportunities
We hope these topics from your background
• Working and effectively communicating with team members with different technical backgrounds
• Degree in a relevant discipline, for example, engineering, sustainable development, environmental science, chemistry or finance and economics: relevant professional qualifications are an advantage
• Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the key roles in the Business Development and Sustainability team. Your work will contribute to both sustainability impact and business growth, and you have a chance to collaborate with our experts and network across the globe. This is a very dynamic function and a role where you have an excellent chance to learn and grow professionally. At Metso Outotec we have a sustainable and responsible culture where a result-driven and respectful work environment is combined in an exceptional way. We offer you all the benefits and career opportunities of a big global company.
For further details about the position, please contact the hiring manager Claudia Genin, Vice President, Business Development by phone +358 504105923, on Monday 6th of February during 10:00-12:00 (EET). To apply please leave your application with your salary expectation by 15th of February 2023.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change. Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2021 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.