Managers, Textile fibre productionMetsä Group
This recruitment is carried out anonymously.
Metsä Group is a Finnish forest industry group that operates in international markets (metsagroup.com). Today, Metsä Group employs approx. 10,000 people worldwide. Our current annual turnover of about EUR 6 billion is generated by five business areas. Importantly, all our operations are built on the use of sustainable Northern wood. In regard to investment activity, Metsä Group is currently executing factory investment projects totalling approx. EUR 3 billion in total value.
Metsä Group is also actively seeking new businesses. The main tool, related to this work, is Metsä Group’s innovation company Metsä Spring. Developing a unique textile fibre production process and thus, a new Kuura™ textile fibre product, is one of Metsä Spring’s main projects currently. MI Demo owns and operates the Kuura demo plant in Äänekoski, Central Finland.
We are now looking for
MANAGERS, TEXTILE FIBRE PRODUCTION
to join our Kuura project (see kuura.io) and in particular our demo plant team in Äänekoski, Central Finland. This team is in charge of developing and testing Metsä Group’s textile fibre production concept, which focuses on converting Metsä Group’s commercial wood pulp into a textile fibre that is applicable in, for instance, the apparel and non-woven markets. Finding a functioning production concept, in the context of the on-going demo plant project, would pave the way for starting, in a next phase, industrial Kuura fibre production within Metsä Group.
What to expect in this position?
Metsä Group’s Kuura project is looking for several managers. The manager-level tasks span from development tasks to leading the daily operations of the demo plant, including resource management of the team. The positions might also include a supervisory role, as the team also comprises several research operators. In any case, in this project you would be part of a broad network of internal and external experts, all aiming to reach the same goal (i.e., make Kuura a commercial product).
In regard to finding new business opportunities for Metsä Group, the Kuura textile fibre endeavour is one of Metsä Group’s priority development projects. The practical work at the demo plant switches between planning, executing and analysing the production of textile fibre. The demo plant itself is a globally unique, approx. EUR 35 million greenfield investment, enabling continuous production of textile fibre up to about 1 tonne per day. It is closely integrated to Metsä Group’s bioproduct mill in Äänekoski (pulp, utilities, services, etc.). The Äänekoski site hosts, today, already five commercially-operating Metsä Group factories, two demo plants and commercial factories owned by other companies. Hence, Äänekoski is a world-leading site in terms of the production of wood-based bioproducts and using various circular economy concepts on an industrial scale.
The managers will report to the CEO of the company (MI Demo Ltd) set up specifically to own and operate the demo plant. MI Demo is also part of Metsä Group. The positions are located in Äänekoski, Finland.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team (internal and external colleagues) pushing forward the Kuura concept with the common intermediate goal of reaching the maturity needed to start planning (pre-engineering) related to a first industrial factory to be located in Finland.
- Plan upcoming trials, execute the trials and analyse the outcome of the trials, all in the context of the demo plant and as part of a team.
- Making executive decisions during the trials within your own area of responsibility.
- Supervising operator-level persons of the team.
- Interacting with various stakeholders (including reporting).
What do we expect from you?
- High motivation to work in a demo plant environment, which in practise lands somewhere between a laboratory and a commercial factory.
- Practical experience related to working with the development of novel production processes and flexibility to adapt to unplanned changes in such a production environment.
- Prior experience of the lyocell process is seen as a clear benefit.
- Being used to working with big machines, which are typically operated using computerised control systems.
- Special know-how related to pulp dissolution, fibre spinning, solvent recovery, fibre post-treatment, electricity and automation systems in the context of production plants, and/or lyocell-related chemistries are seen as additional benefits in the application process.
- Know-how related to the storage and use of chemicals is also seen a benefit.
- A relevant education, preferably of Master’s Degree level.
- Fluent or good English language skills.
- Good administrative skills, including use of modern office software.
Importantly, you prioritise safety in all operations. You have high ethical standards, you lead by example and create a positive and open-minded attitude around you.
Anonymous recruitment - how it works
This recruitment is carried out anonymously. Therefore, the following information will be hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage: name, date of birth, contact details, gender, mother tongue, dates of education and name of the educational institution. Attachments (CVs) are also hidden. HR recruiters have access to the applicants' contact details at the stage when they start inviting applicants for interviews.
Our recruiting system will guide you through the application process. You will be asked for personal data, but all the above mentioned information is hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage.
The application form includes questions to help you to present your skills and experience anonymously. Please reply to all questions to make your competences and skills visible. You can attach a CV to your application, but it is hidden at the initial stage of the recruitment process. If you are invited for an interview, recruiters will have access to your CV to support the interview.
Read more about our anonymous recruitment at https://www.metsagroup.com/careers/work-with-us/anonymous-recruitment/
Want to hear more? Contact us
For further information please contact Heli Kuorikoski, CEO, MI Demo, +358 50 598 7477, (heli.kuorikoski(at)metsagroup.com).
Apply for the job!
Submit your application using the link "Apply". Please note that attachments are not visible in anonymous recruitment, so it is important to complete your career profile in Workday. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV and salary request.
The search is open until 10.2.2023. Good luck!
Innovation company Metsä Spring invests expertise and financial resources into initiatives with the ambition to reshape the forest-based bioeconomy, aiming to increase the value for Metsä Group’s stakeholders in the long-term.
- Metsä Groupin kesätyö mahdollistaa etenemisen uralla
- Osa pätevää porukkaa – Metsä Groupin kesätyöntekijöistä huokuu ammattiylpeys
- Kesätyöntekijät pääsevät tutustumaan työhön suomalaisen metsäteollisuuden eturivissä Metsä Groupissa
- Oikealla alalla – Unelmien kesätyöpaikka löytyi Metsästä
- Muutto kesätöiden perässä kannatti – “Metsä Groupilla työyhteisöön on helppo päästä mukaan”
- Metsä Groupin tuotannon tehtävissä viihdytään: "Parasta täällä on työkaverit, jotka on aina valmiita auttamaan"
- Metsä tarjoaa monipuolisia hommia kestävän tulevaisuuden puolesta
- Metsä Groupin kesätyöt Simpeleellä yllättivät positiivisesti