KONE R&D Finance Manager with 15 years of experience.
- Managing and developing KONE Technology & Innovation unit's (KTI) budgeting and planning processes.
- Owning the budgeting cycle for KONE R&D, including 7 R&D Units, 1,200 employees with total value of €150M.
- Leading the R&D Finance and Sourcing teams towards deeper co-operation with KTI Management.
- Business partnering with KONE CTO and Product Managers in strategic R&D planning and analysis.
- Supporting R&D Project Managers in project and program planning, analysis and efficiency improvement.
- Simplified Finance project lead in R&D.
8/2015 - 5/2017
- Helping clients / CFO’s to improve existing management reporting & consolidation packages, to create new KPI’s to measure business efficiency and to bring overall transparency into bottom up reporting landscape.
- Supporting venture capital companies to improve new acquisition’s management reporting.
- Recruitment support including candidate sourcing, interviews and placement decision making.
1/2013 - 5/2015
- Country Business Controller and member of XRF technology R&D centre senior management team.
- Overall ownership of finance and managing day to day financial activities including cash flow, capex and working capital monitoring, managing accounts payable and receivable cycles.
- Periodic P&L and balance sheet reporting from local ERP to group consolidated ERP.
- R&D Strategic projects budgeting, actual cost reporting and business case validation.
- Project cost and revenue recognition (POC) for custom projects.
- Annual statutory reporting, audit (KPMG) preparation, tax audit, TP documentation and reporting pack delivery to trade register.
- Liaising with external and internal auditors, managing related controls.
- Manufacturing cost analysis, unit cost calculations & transfer price proposals for new products
- Line manager for 1 accounting, 1 IT HC and supervision of outsourced accounting functions.
- Financial lead for Industrial Analysis and Finland PCP planning (3 years) including next year budgeting (£6M annual budget).
- Development of management and financial reporting landscape in co-operation with UK based management team and group accounting.
Finance Analyst (maternity cover)
11/2011 - 12/2012
- Parameters team financial lead supporting GM, R&D engineering managers, research, sourcing, operations, marketing product managers and Milwaukee based F&C management.
- R&D base cost (Opex & Capex) controlling and budgeting ($10M annual budget).
- Leading financial planning cycles – Operating Plan, GPB (3 years) & SII (next year).
- R&D and Research business case validations and consolidation for planning cycles.
- Quarterly reporting/accrual entries and profitability analysis for Parameters product segments.
- Investment plan validations and approvals. Purchase order approvals.
- SW capitalization & amortization planning, journal preparation and posting.
- Sales report development, ad hoc reports & analysis to support management decision making.
Business Analyst / Senior Accountant
8/2007 - 10/2011
Business Analyst – CoS / Supply Chain Team
- CoS and Gross Margin variance analysis and reporting development for Nokia devices.
- Product cost planning and adjustments for top GM contributors.
- Plant cost analysis and executive summary for nine factories.
- Windows Phone CoS planning support and accounting model development.
- Material cost planning adjustment reviews with plant and sourcing controllers.
- SOX control points ownership for CoS controls and co-operation with auditors (PwC).
- Ownership and creation of Nokia Markets CoS planning accuracy measurement (KPI).
Business Analyst – Business Unit Analysis Team
- Monthly management reporting including P&L analysis for one NSN business unit.
- Improvement of management reporting and knowledge sharing with other business units.
- Analyzing opex on various dimensions. Setting up opex accuracy KPI’s and analyzing results.
- SOX management assessment walkthroughs with auditors (PWC) and clarification of NSN SOX control points and assessment procedures.
- Acting as SAP R/3 and Business Warehouse key user and organizing training for other users.
Senior Accountant – Revenue Recognition Team
- Cut-Off financial reporting activities for Nokia revenue accounts and entities.
- Warranty accruals and provision postings and reconciliations for Nokia entities globally.
- SAP Copa – Business Warehouse sales validation daily reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliations and analysis of Nokia’s IPR royalty costs.
- SAP integration support and testing as Nokia revenue SAP Key User for improved processes.
Financial Accountant / Accounts Assistant
7/2003 - 3/2007
Financial Accountant – Whirlpool Shared Service Centre
- Month-end, Quarter-end and Year-end financial reporting for Whirlpool Austria.
- Preparing of P&L and balance sheet accounts in SAP and uploading into Hyperion.
- Monthly balance sheet reviews to analyze risks & opportunities.
- Taking part in SOX control point creation workshop and executing sox testing.
- Bank reconciliations, Vat reconciliations and payments, Intrastat reporting.
- Providing financial and logistic back-up information for local sales organization in Austria by using SAP FI/CO and MM modules.
Accounts Assistant – Whirlpool Nordics
- Intercompany Reconciliations for Whirlpool Nordic entities.
- Accounts payable invoice processing for Whirlpool Finland and weekly payruns.