The responsibilities will include:
- design and conduct experimental work at the laboratory
- data analysis and publication of the results in scientific journals and conferences
- participation in teaching activities at the university
- preparing funding applications
- active collaboration with companies in the research field
The job requires:
- an applicable DSc degree
- good English skills
- experience in laboratory experimental work
- good communication skills
- the ability for independent scientific work and teaching skills for the performance of the duties.
In addition, we welcome any of the following:
- studies related to water treatment, environmental biotechnology and/or applied microbiology
- experience in microbiology.
Knowledge in Finnish language is a benefit.
The employment contract of a post-doctoral researcher is fixed-term. The employment relationship will start with a two-year term, which can be extended with two years in a case of success in the position. The salary is based on the current collective agreement for Finnish universities. The annual salary range of post-doctoral researchers is approximately 46700-54500 euros (plus a holiday bonus) depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
The work will start at the earliest in September 2022 (negotiable) with a six-month trial period.
You will be working at the Department of Separation Technology of the LUT School of Engineering Science in the university's regional unit in Mikkeli.
How to apply
The deadline for applications 15 August 2022 (at midnight, Finnish local time, UTC + 3 h). Please send your application through the university's online application system with the following attachments:
- a curriculum vitae
- a motivation letter
- a copy of your doctoral diploma or transcript of records; if the original documents are not in English, Finnish or Swedish, each document must be accompanied by an official certified translation into English or Finnish.
For further information, please contact Professor Susana Rodriguez-Couto, email@example.com, +358 503 547 481 (available 30 June-15 July and 1-15 August during office hours).
Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of 7 500 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world's ninth best university for climate action.
Support for using recruitment system: recruitment(at)lut.fi
Hae työpaikkaa osoitteesta https://lut.rekrytointi.com/paikat/?o=A_A&jid=734&jbid=8#login_form