As our Head Chef you will be in charge of our food production, which includes all kitchen and cooking processes, leading the kitchen team, taking care of the menu creation, stock control and ingredient purchasing. Our healthy ready-to-eat meals are our core product and we aim to reach the highest level of quality, while at the same time develop new ideas to engage our growing customer base. Get to know our service and products on www.fuelme.fi.
Cooking and food preparations are done in our equipped and spacious kitchen in Oulunkylä. Our main cooking days are Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays with shorter preparation days on Mondays and Wednesdays. We give you the freedom to work creatively and think outside the box when it comes to our weekly menu creation and to put your ideas into practice.
You will be leading the cooking processes and deliver quality food in an efficient, clean and fast way. You will be assisted by our current kitchen helpers to manage the preparation processes. To be successful in this position and produce a big volume of healthy food requires organisational and problem-solving skills, while knowing how to handle time schedules. We offer you the chance to become thé person behind our healthy meals and menus, and grow with the company's operations in Helsinki, Finland and internationally. We offer a training period to adjust to our working schedule, a nice work environment, a competitive salary of €2700/month and fun colleagues. As a company, we make sure you receive the support and tools to succeed in your role.
- You have at least 2 years of working experience as a chef in Finland.
- You are a team player and leader: you know how to guide and support others positively in a kitchen, but you also are able to receive feedback.
- You are able to work independently on a set amount of tasks, but you know when to step up to overcome challenges and teach others to grow.
- You have a broad experience in menu creation and ingredient purchasing, all from a cost-effective perspective.
- Basic IT skills are important.
We appreciate it if:
- You have experience in producing delicious food on a large scale efficiently.
- You are hard-working and passionate about professional cooking, menu creation and anything related to food.
- You have experience in and knowledge of a variety of different international cuisines and you are able to give your own twist to ingredients and meals.
- You are proficient in writing and speaking English (our company language). You have a sufficient understanding of the Finnish language.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to changing processes as the company grows.
- You want to make an impact on the daily lives of busy and health-conscious people.
Instructions for applications
Send an email to email@example.com with the title "Job Application: Head Chef" with your CV attached as a PDF document before 30/6/2022. Include in your email a short description in English of why you would be an excellent fit for our team.
Applicants with the most potential will be invited for an online interview. After a successful interview, candidates are asked to create a hypothetical weekly FuelMe menu before doing an actual test shift on a mutually agreed date The official starting date of the job can be agreed upon. We will contact all applicants with a response.
Any questions about the position or application process? Please call Co-Founder Pieter Dreesen (+358 414 86 97 14), on weekdays between 13:00 and 17:00.
Hae työpaikkaa osoitteesta mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org