Role and salary
As an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) you will be working in the Molecular Medicine research group at the Faculty of Health Sciences, Kuopio Campus, Finland. This position is connected to Academy of Finland funded Flagship Gene, Cell and Nano Therapy Competence Cluster for the Treatment of Chronic Diseases (GeneCellNano https://www.genecellnano.fi/) and the ongoing research in Molecular Medicine research group at the University of Eastern Finland. https://sites.uef.fi/molecular-medicine/
Our requirements and expectations
The successful candidate will:
- have a Master's degree in Biomedicine or a related discipline (have completed a suitable higher university degree or an equivalent education abroad which in the country in question would qualify the person for similar academic studies)
- be motivated and research-oriented individual
- have good skills in written and spoken English
- be qualified to pursue postgraduate studies and will complete your doctoral studies at the University of Eastern Finland by enrolling in one of the doctoral programmes of the Faculty of Health Sciences
Following skills are considered beneficial for successful candidate:
- scientific skills shown in publication record
- earlier successful experience in research projects
- international collaboration
The position will be filled for a fixed term from 1 June 2021 to 31 Dec 2022 or as agreed upon with the candidate. Early-stage researcher positions are always filled for a fixed term. A probationary period is applied to all new members of the staff.
The salary of the position is based on the salary system for the teaching and research staff at universities. The salary consists of the job-related salary element and the personal performance salary element. For this position, the job requirement level used to determine the job-related salary element is 2-4 and the personal performance salary element is 6-50% of the job-related salary element. The estimated monthly salary in the beginning of the employment will be 2 202,97 - 3 161,36 €. The salary of an early-stage researcher depends on the phase of the doctoral dissertation and postgraduate studies as well as personal performance.
You will have access to the university's staff benefits, including
- extensive occupational health care
- staff discount on lunch in our campus restaurants, as well as on a range of other services
- affordable sports services.
Please read more in the Work at UEF section on our website.
You will have an opportunity to work in an interesting role as part of our international, creative, participatory and inclusive academic community.
How to apply?
Submit your application by using our electronic application form no later than May 12, 2021 (by 24.00 hours Finnish time).
Please include the following appendices in your application:
- CV (http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
- a list of publications (https://www.aka.fi/en/research-funding/apply-for-funding/how-to-apply-for-funding/az-index-of-application-guidelines2/list-of-publications/)
- copies of the applicant's academic degree certificates/ diplomas, and copies of certificates / diplomas relating to the applicant's language proficiency, if not indicated in the academic degree certificates/diplomas
- motivation letter
For further information on the position, please contact Professor Seppo Ylä-Herttuala, email email@example.com, tel. +358 40 3552075
For further information on the application procedure, please contact Human Resources Secretary Sari Zitting, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 29 445 4125.
University of Eastern Finland and the Faculty of Health Sciences in brief
The University of Eastern Finland is the most multidisciplinary university in Finland. We are home to 15,500 students and 2,700 staff members. Our research is ranked among the best in the world in several fields. We generate research-based knowledge and make it openly accessible for the benefit of all. UEF stands for action with impact that is relevant today and tomorrow. To learn more about our university please visit our website at www.uef.fi/en.
The Faculty of Health Sciences operates at the Kuopio Campus of the University of Eastern Finland. The Faculty offers education in medicine, dentistry, nutrition and pharmacy, as well as in some other central fields of the health care sector. The Faculty is research-intensive, and its internationally recognised research activities are closely linked to the strategic research areas of the University. There are approximately 3 100 degree students and about 580 PhD students in the Faculty. The faculty has 795 staff members. http://www.uef.fi/en/ttdk/etusivu
Hae työpaikkaa osoitteesta https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/aew.html?job_id=11074&jc=21