Airbus Defence and Space Oy
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for an experienced Technical Lead to join our Platforms Software team in Helsinki.
We are about to deliver the second version of a virtualized, high availability solution for the world’s largest TETRA network, developed in close co-operation with Red Hat. As we continue to add further network elements and to scale the solution for all sizes of networks, we look to increase the size of our Platforms SW R&D team from about 10 to about 20 SW designers.
As a Technical Lead you will drive the team and ensure we can meet the customers’ expectations of seamless continuity of their Public Safety & Security networks while reaping the benefits of virtualized approach throughout their operations.
In addition to having sufficient technical authority of virtualization in telecom environment to guide the team members in technical decisions, you need to have the leading skills to have the team to follow the way you are pointing.
As expected, we develop our products in agile mode using Ansible for automation of virtualized components and Jenkins and Robot framework for test automation.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate the specification of our virtualization platform to host our TETRA services
- Orchestrate the development and maintenance of the virtualization platform according to the defined architecture
- Develop and support the application virtualization to ensure that the VNFs are created in a consistent manner including upgrades and maintenance
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, software or computer science
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Linux and virtualization, and RH virtualization even better
- Bash scripting and/or Python
- Usage of version control tools, e.g. Git
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development with Jenkins
- IP networking for telecom
- Agile development
- Fluent in English
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by December 11th. For further information, please contact the hiring manager Xiaolan Deng +358 10 408 0358.
Please note that we may start interviews as the applications arrived.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: