Team Leader, Feedstock Research
In what condition do we leave this planet for the next generation?
We are looking for a
Team Leader, Feedstock Research
to join our Feedstock and Pretreatment department and Feedstock Research team in Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
It is a great time to join us!
Neste is the world's leading producer of renewable products as well as the world's largest producer of renewable diesel made from waste and residues. We are also committed to become a solution provider for chemical recycling and to support circular economy by providing innovative solutions based on waste plastic. In addition, we are looking to expand our feedstock capabilities even beyond to new sustainable feedstocks such as lignocellulosic waste and residues and algae. To maintain the global leadership we want to grow our waste and residue raw material and production platforms with the promise to help our customers reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by at least 20 million tons every year by 2030. We are now seeking research minded technology professionals to work on developing the winning feedstock solutions to meet this ambition.
In your role, you will
• Act as line manager to Feedstock Research team members and perform the operative line management duties
• You will be responsible for proactively developing the team including recruitments, team building and e.g. development of ways of working
• You will be part of the Feedstock and Pretreatment department management team and have a proactive role in department level line management and development activities
• In addition to the line managerial tasks your tasks may include participating Neste´s feedstock platform expansion related projects (renewable or circular feedstocks) in your area of expertise. Project tasks may include
• Conducting feedstock research and development related R&D tasks e.g. mapping and building knowledge of potential feedstock streams and conducting research on their quality, availability, technical properties and behaviour during logistics chain and processing
• Providing feedstock supply organisations with technical support related to new feedstocks and to the long term feedstock supply development related questions.
You will work closely with Neste R&D stakeholders, feedstock supply development and business units and with external feedstock and research partners to ensure the success of our strategic feedstock growth and expansion ambition. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a dedicated team of experts working in Feedstock Research. Our team contributes to the development of new feedstocks and their value chains. We are responsible for delivering feedstock competence and preprocessing solutions enabling the use of different feedstocks for the production of fuels, chemicals and materials.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Master's degree or higher from relevant field, e.g. Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Technology, Pulp and Paper Engineering, Biochemistry or Industrial management
• At least 7 years of relevant work experience from R&D tasks, engineering, technology consulting, feedstock supply or sourcing activities
• Sustainable (renewable or circular) feedstocks related knowledge
• People leadership and team working skills, experience of leading expert teams
• Excellent communication, cooperation and stakeholder management skills
• Active and initiative working style
• Fluent written and spoken command of English
We also value
• Prior line management experience
• Feedstock related knowhow and work experience in any of the following areas:
• renewable oils and fats e.g. vegetable oils, tall oil, used cooking oil or animal fat
• plastics and plastics recycling
• lignocellulosic feedstocks
• municipal solid waste
• Knowhow related to the value, logistic and processing chains of the above mentioned feedstocks
• Prior experience in feedstock development related activities e.g. business development, sourcing operations
• Strong organization skills, systematic way of working e.g. demonstrated project management skills
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools
• Track record of cooperation and building networks in-house and with partners
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values of responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonates with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Miia Laamanen (Head of R&D, Feedstock and Pretreatment) on 14.1.2020 during 14-16 pm or on 28.1.2020 during 9-11 am.
Please submit your application by 3.2.2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews, assignment and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.