Team Lead, Control Automation Service
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Team Lead at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki, Vuosaari. You will be responsible for leading the Digital Services Automation team consisting of marine field service engineers. In this position, you will be involved in the full life cycle of automation projects and responsible for the overall service and commissioning engineering in control automation.
• Providing remote support to onsite engineers
• Managing commissioning and service engineering resources and schedules
• Giving support to our warranty department together with your team
• Following up team performance and customer satisfaction
• Assessing the cost efficiency of technical solutions
• The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology in an international environment
• A wide range of global career opportunities
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in automation
• A few years’ experience in engineering or field service, preferably in the marine industry
• Experience related to automation or control systems or PLCs and automation electrical engineering
• Proven experience of leading an engineering team as well as project planning and management
• You have good communication skills and a structured way of working
• You are a flexible and self-learning team player with an excellent command of English
• Familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Willingness to travel to customer sites
Ideally, you have
• An understanding of ship classification rules and ship electrical systems
• Knowledge of SAP and ABB’s automation or controller systems
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67204786 by December 9, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Osku Kälkäjä, tel. +358 50 332 4631.