Service R&D Program Manager
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a talented Service R&D Program Manager at ABB Oy, Drives Service unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for program management in global digital service product development. Products contain cloud and artificial intelligence technologies. The project portfolio in the program has dependencies on digital platform development as well as our product units that are responsible for frequency converter products. The projects are executed in a multi-site and cross-functional environment.
• Planning and managing the global service product development program – from kick-off to first customer deliveries
• Running a release-based program and synchronizing it with traditional gate-model projects and programs.
• Ensuring that releases are delivered on time to the highest quality and utilizing customer pilots to achieve a superior user experience
• Contributing to the technical and product management content of the projects
• Ensuring good internal communication and transparency with the appropriate stakeholders
• Risk management and coordination of mitigation activities
• Actively developing project and program management activities
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in program management and service product development
• Possibilities to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity to participate in developing advanced digital services and service operations as part of ABB's digital transformation
• The support of a professional and skilled ABB colleague network
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field of engineering
• A proven track record of successfully executed projects
• A few years’ experience in managing demanding service product development projects/programs including software content
• A good toolbox of project and program management skills, methods and practices, such as work breakdown analysis, lean product development, visual management and set-based design
• Experience of SAFe or other agile release-based program management
• Ability to develop project and program management practices
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience of the digitalized service offering
• Service design experience
• Developed SaaS or PaaS offering
• Knowledge of frequency converters or power electronics is a plus
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66738237 by February 3, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Hiring Manager Ville Särkimäki, tel. +358 50 332 5762 or R&D Manager Jani Kangas, tel. +358 50 3323 557.