(Senior) Researcher, Manufacturing Support
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a (Senior) Researcher to the Operations Development and Support team in Lappeenranta, Finland.
UPM Research and Development plays an important role in creating business opportunities in the new forest industry. We create value from renewable and recyclable materials by combining expertise and technologies within fiber based, energy-related and engineered materials businesses. In the new forest industry, we reshape markets through cost leadership, change readiness and leading innovation. We develop smart, sustainable products and solutions for customers worldwide.
Greeting from your future team
“We offer you an interesting job in the global Research and Development organization of UPM. You will have great opportunities for learning in your job as you will be supported by multi-competent team members and trained according to your needs. UPM offers you also versatile development opportunities as a leading global company in bio and forest industries!”
What you’ll do
You will solve technical papermaking challenges together with our production units’ personnel. This includes frequent travelling to our sites as well as desk and lab studies. You will compare different approaches and solutions of our units and share the best practices.
Who you are
- You have a university degree in Science or Engineering (or in other relevant field of studies)
- You have minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- Your previous practical experience in paper or board mill is seen as an asset
- You have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of paper machine technology or paper finishing machinery
- You have the ability to work both independently and in teams, solve problems and complete assignments effectively
- You have the capability to build and utilize global professional network
- You are proactive, customer oriented, socially skilled and interested in new technology and development
- You speak English fluently, German is seen as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Juha Kallio, Manager, Operations Development and Support, tel. +358401714302, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest 6th of January, 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking company in Finland.