Senior C++ Developer
Are you a hardcore C++ developer who wants to develop software which has a huge social impact in everyday life? Then keep on reading
Working for Nets, you’ll become part of an exciting growth journey. We’ve set out to make it easier and more intuitive to handle payments, because we see it as the foundation for growth and progress both in commerce and society.
In this role, you’ll power an easier tomorrow for all of us
Working for Nets, you’ll become part of an exciting growth journey. We’ve set out to make it easier and more intuitive to handle payments, because we see it as the foundation for growth and progress both in commerce and society. You’re expected to develop your talent and aim higher as you work to change payments. You’ll build on our proven track record of developing and delivering innovative and reliable solutions and our strengths as a Nordic leader with 50 years of experience within payment solutions.
Our team at Nets is developing a next-generation payment application and needs now two more devoted experts to join in. This payment application will be running in hundreds of thousands of payment terminals in various countries and used tens of millions of times per day! Security, stability and high quality are the key elements when talking about payments - in the end it can be also your personal money at stake. You don't have to be an expert of the Fintech or payment cards yet but you will soon become such - like the colleagues in your future team.
Shortly said - in this role you will:
- Develop high security card payment applications in C++ which run in payment terminals (seen in shops, hotels, restaurants, everywhere).
- Be (or become as) a specialist in payment technologies.
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle (design, development, documentation, maintenance) of payment applications.
In order to succeed you must have:
- Outstanding C++ skills which you're able to demonstrate if/when asked.
- Prior experience of working in embedded world where hardware limitations (such as RAM) impact the choices you make.
- Understanding of the modern ways of working in software development (e.g. Scrum, DevOps).
- High proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
You should also identify yourself from these phrases:
- Passion for coding. You just love C++ language.
- Outspoken. You share your view when improvements and actions are needed.
- Proactiveness. You know or figure out what to do and when.
- Pragmatic. You know how to solve tasks smartly and efficiently.
- Inquisitive. You have everlasting eagerness to learn more.
- Coaching. You actively share and coach others with the wisdom you've gained.
Please also note these things when applying:
- Prior experience from payment terminals is considered as a major plus.
- In case you're applying from outside of Finland/EU then mention if you have a valid work permit. Having permit in advance is a huge plus.
- Links to hobby projects (e.g. to Github account) which showcase your skills and engineering mindset are highly appreciated.
- Proficiency in one of the Nordic languages (Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish) is appreciated but not mandatory.
- We're also willing to consider junior developers to this position as attitude means more than years in coding. Show your attitude with those Github accounts etc.
If you're still hesitating then here are few things why we think Nets and this team is the best place to be right now:
- We own our products. Feel the excitement, freedom and accountability of your end product.
- Close to hardware. You're developing and testing on a real hardware (payment terminals).
- Agility. The only thing which matters is the customer experience with the highest possible security. Everything else can and must be optimized.
- Engineering mindset. We've even built our very own test robot for the terminals as team wasn't happy with the commercial ones.
- Flexibility. Excel during the working hours but cherish the time off from work.
- FinTech. Payment industry is currently one of the fastest developing ones. Payment terminals and mobile payments are here for now but how would you like to pay in the future..? We're in a position to make it happen.
Your career driven by curiosity and customer insights.
At Nets, we are working towards realising a one-company approach to development, innovation and doing business, where you will be encouraged to think across borders and business areas to find new ways of merging our products, new technologies and market trends into innovative new solutions.
We want to attract, develop and engage the best talent, which means that at Nets you can work in small teams or you have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the Nordics. Whether it is innovation or operation that makes you think, our company structure allows you to build your own career and grow in a business that encompasses all aspects of the digitalisation value chain. We work in a thriving environment characterized by team play and informality and with plenty of social activities within sports, culture and social network.
Power your career. Apply now or at latest 30.11.2019.
In case you're interested in hearing more about this opportunity or Nets as an employer then please contact the recruiting manager Henri Korhonen (email@example.com or +358 50 4873 482).
We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac, www.semac.no.