International Organization for Migration
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Finland, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management, oversight, and coordination of relevant projects for the Migrant Training and Integration programming thematic areas in the IOM Country Office in Finland.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the coordination of the assigned projects in the area of Migrant Training and Migrant Integration. Act as the Country Office’s focal point for the above-mentioned thematic areas.
2. Maintain partnerships at appropriate levels with government entities, local authorities, implementing partners, donors, and other stakeholders as relevant to the projects and activities.
3. Supervise and guide staff assigned to the projects in the above thematic areas.
4. Implement appropriate monitoring and backstopping mechanisms, including the required internal evaluation of the projects under implementation, and ensure compliance with all reporting obligations.
5. Participate in and assist in coordinating the development of relevant training curricula, methodologies and written/audio-visual materials for projects, as well as translations of materials where required.
6. Participate in delivering trainings as appropriate to external and internal stakeholders.
7. Undertake duty trips as necessary to implement project activities, including international travel.
8. Ensure the timely and complete collection and storage of administrative and financial documentation of assigned projects in line with donor and IOM rules, and assist the Resource Management Unit in the preparation of financial reports.
9. Prepare donor and other reports and ensure timely submission, in line with donor requirements and IOM procedures and standards.
10. Prepare regular briefings, summaries and other relevant information materials, as required.
11. In cooperation with the Communications Specialist at the IOM Country Office, draft and produce content about assigned projects and thematic areas for publication on the website and through social media channels.
12. Identify potential entry points for new projects or expanded collaboration with relevant donors, government counterparts, public and private institutions, and other partners, and promote synergies between thematic areas in close coordination with the CoM and other heads of units.
13. Participate in the development of targeted programmes, projects and activities in the thematic areas, including preparation of concept notes, project descriptions and budgets in coordination with relevant IOM Finland departments. Coordinate processing, endorsement and submissions of project proposals, partner agreements and any other relevant documents, in line with specific internal requirements and procedures.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in political sciences and/or social sciences or other related field four years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience/training
- At least 4 years of experience in project management related to migrants’ integration and counselling or other related experience in the field of migration;
- Experience in project implementation and management, including managing and monitoring a project budget;
- Excellent communication skills; excellent drafting skills; experience in writing reports and project documents;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Experience in organizing meetings and seminars is an asset.
Fluency in Finnish and English is required. Knowledge of Swedish and/or Arabic is advantageous.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications should submit a cover letter and a CV. Save them in the form “Your Family Name _ Your First Name”, either as .doc or as .PDF file (e.g.: Doe_John.doc or Doe_John.PDF). All applications must be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting the above vacancy notice number/reference code as well as the last name of the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer inquiries at this stage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.