Project Controls Director
Project Controls Director
Fennovoima’s Hanhikivi-1 green field nuclear power plant project is one of the biggest industrial investments in Finland. We are now looking for an experienced professional to lead our Project Controls department, contributing significantly to the success of the whole Project Management organization at Fennovoima. As Project Controls Director your main mission is to strongly contribute to successful project execution, including both strategic and daily management of project scheduling as well as project governance, support and reporting.
Your responsibilities include e.g.
- Leading and mentoring the project controls team, recruitment and team development
- Project scheduling:
- Working with the EPC supplier in schedule development
- Monitoring and measuring the supplier delivery performance against the project schedule
- Developing and maintaining project schedules for Fennovoima’s own scope of works
- Project governance, support and reporting:
- Providing project controls support services through matrix management to the Fennovoima organisation
- Developing and implementing effective and appropriate project governance within Fennovoima and the EPC supplier
- Implementing recognised standards and best practices for project management
- Responsibility for the consolidation, review and provision of various project reports including the monthly owner’s report to the Fennovoima Board of Directors
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- An applicable academic degree
- Extensive experience in project management and controls, gained in delivering large and complex energy, industrial or infrastructure projects. Experience from the nuclear industry is considered an advantage.
- Experience of large EPC contracts, preferably on owner’s side
- Ability to build strong working relationships within own organization as well as with the supplier
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Possibility to travel around 40-60 days annually
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 15.12.2019: https://fennovoima.fi/en/careers/open-positions. For further information, please contact Psycon Consultant Tapio Nieminen tel. +358 (0)20 7101 254 on Tuesday 3.12. at 9-10 or Wednesday 11.12. at 14-15. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: At first in Helsinki office. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.