Portfolio Manager (EU DEVCO/ECHO)
Pelastakaa Lapset ry / Save the Children Finland
Portfolio Manager ( EU DEVCO/ECHO ) (full-time position)
The post will under Helsinki HQ with intensive travelling in program countries. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the implementation of SCF’s fundraising strategy, focused on EU DEVCO and ECHO accounts. By supporting our Country Offices to build strong relationships with key EU delegations, and supporting the production of high-quality proposals, she/ he will ensure that SCF capitalizes on all available funding opportunities from the donor.
She/he will coordinate proposal development for IP programme funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow our portfolio effectively. She/he will be responsible for portfolio management of assigned SCF Programme countries.
Fixed-term position until end of Dec 2020 – Deadline for applications 27th October, 2019
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAMME: International Programmes
LOCATION: Under Save the Children Finland Head Office at any relevant location with extensive (possibly long-term) travel to developing countries
POST TYPE: Fixed term until Dec 31st 2020
Child Safeguarding: Level 3- Involves travel to country programmes, therefore an enhanced level is required.
This post is within Save the Children Finland Head Office in Helsinki.
Portfolio Manager ensures the implementation of fundraising strategies to finance SCF’s Global Programme contributing to SCI development and humanitarian work at country level.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of International Programmes
Dimensions: Save the Children Finland International Programmes focus on three regions (Asia, Eastern and Southern Africa and West Africa) and Russia with a staff of 13 in Head Office and 4 on the field. Total staff of Save the Children Finland is approximately 20 (of which 70 are based in Helsinki Head office).
Staff directly reporting to this post: n/a
- Follows-up country situation, develops a good understanding of assigned country programme/s and the country context, and ensures the country(ies) portfolio remains coherent and aligned with the country strategy and SCF Programme strategy.
- Serves as the key SCF focal point on day-to-day programmatic matters and communication with the Country Offices in the assigned countries and provides accurate, relevant and timely information for portfolio prioritization and decision making of SCF IP. Builds strong and effective relationships with key staff and counterparts in the country office/s.
- End-to-end responsibility from opportunity assessment to close of any awards in the assigned portfolio countries. This includes monitoring of, and addressing deviations from budget, project plan, and results framework, in accordance with SCI policies, SCF regulations and donor requirements. PM assumes a complementary role in identifying new funding opportunities
- Performs Quality Assurance/Quality Control on COs’ funding proposals, reports, modification requests, and other significant correspondence with donors.
- Coordinates proposal development between SCF and SCI COs and, with support from EU Partnership Manager, is responsible for ensuring that new proposals including budgets are in line with donor rules and regulations (compliance) and meet SCI and SCF quality standards and finalizes the proposals for submission to donor.
- Ensures project evaluations and audits are done on time and meet donor requirements, and maintains liaison with other SCF staff as per identified needs and coordinates with donor
- Ensures proper prioritisation and escalation of risks from portfolio to Partnership Manager and SCF management
- Provides support in regard to assigned countries to SCF fundraising and communications teams as required
- Supports Partnership Managers in identifying funding opportunities in the assigned countries
- Supports Partnership Manager in implementing donor engagement strategy in the assigned countries, by contributing to the definition of donor engagement plans in-country and participating in donor meetings / visits as needed
- Ensures AMS system processes and documentation are timely updated for SCF opportunities and awards in the assigned countries
In liaison with the EU Partnership Manager:
- Supports the identification of EU priorities and policy changes in the assigned portfolio counties
- Represents whenever relevant SC Finland in SC donor account management forums or meetings with donors
- Contributes to the development of SC Finland EU account strategie
- Supports assigned portfolio COs in developing DEVCO/ECHO engagement strategies, by providing information about donor ways of working and monitoring the commitments made in that plan
- Supports the assigned country offices in dialogue with EU delegations and ECHO in country in order to contribute to building close partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters level university degree and a good understanding of issues related to global development
- More than 3 years of experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development and/or humanitarian programmes
- Proven skills in proposal development and reporting across major institutional donors, especially of EU DEVCO and ECHO
- Proven track record in working with international cooperation and civil society
- Deep knowledge and experience of award management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Networking - credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children Finland at all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French and computer literate
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Knowledge of work with child rights and human rights