Patent Engineer, IPR Management
VTT Ltd is a visionary research, development and innovation company. Our mission is to drive sustainable growth by tackling the biggest global challenges of our time and turning them into growth opportunities. In our research, we aim beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to thrive. We have over 75 years of experience in top-level research and creating science-based innovations. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€ and we have over 400 patent families in our portfolio. VTT brings innovation and business together. www.vttresearch.com
The IPR management team is responsible for VTT’s IPR portfolio management and commercialization support. We operate as part of the Business Support function and manage both VTT’s patent and IPR license portfolios. We are also responsible for supporting the innovation process, from the idea to technology transfer.
We are now looking for a motivated Patent Engineer to help VTT to protect its unique technologies on semiconductors, electronics and ICT.
With us you will be responsible for
- Managing the invention handling and patenting processes of VTT inventions in semiconductors, electronics and ICT technologies.
- Running patent teams on your domain to ensure effective patent decisions and carving out optimal protection scope in your area
- Supporting IP based value creation and business development for VTT
You will be part of the IPR Management Team with two other patent engineers, four IPR managers and three supporting IPR professionals. As a team, we typically work in close collaboration with the sales, research teams, technology managers, and other business support functions, as well as with VTT’s customers.
We expect you to have
- Experience in successful invention handling and knowledge of patent prosecution of new technologies on your area
- Understanding of, semiconductors, electronics and ICT technologies
- Good communication skills in both Finnish and English
- Deep understanding on Finnish and/or EPO prosecution process and rules is seen as a benefit
You have the ability to focus on the essentials as well as work in a timely and organized manner to meet your objectives.
As a person you are
- motivated and driven to create value based on emerging technologies
- capable of independent work and managing multiple tasks in parallel
- enthusiastic to work in an ambitious and international environment
We also appreciate a proactive attitude towards developing our operation and the capability to challenge things to improve the ways of working.
We believe that VTT’s impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of an inspiring, creative and international working environment.
Interesting opportunity to be in a key role in creating value and business with IPR and have great insight in VTT IPR and technology arising from top-level research.
Opportunities to develop your skills within professional and committed IPR and technology transfer team.
You will also be deeply involved in continuous development of creating value from technology and IPR.
For further information
Please contact Pauli Laitinen (Team Leader, IPR Management), mobile: +358 40 181 2752, Tuesday 4.2.2020 between 9-10 or on Tuesday 11.2.2020 between 9-10.
We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by Feb 23th at the latest.
- Ad number: 1330385
- Area of expertise: IT/data communications, Technology, Research and development
- Employment: Permanent employment
- Type of job: Full-time
- Application submission address: Website
- Location: Espoo
- For additional information, contact: Please contact Pauli Laitinen (Team Leader, IPR Management), mobile: +358 40 181 2752, Tuesday 21.1.2019 between 9-10 or on Tuesday 28.1.2019 between 9-10. We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by Jan 31th at the latest.