Lead Frontend Developer
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
TasksAre you the one who truly believes in changing the world with design? If you are an experienced and skilled Frontend Developer, we can offer you a next place to shine; join ABB UX design team! The central UX Design team operates in corporate level and its responsibility is to provide vision and guidance for design of user interfaces and software solutions at ABB. The guiding principle of our team is human-centered design and we take this mindset to others through our close collaboration with ABB units worldwide. Join us in taking ABB to the next level with your expertise in UX design.
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Developer in Helsinki. This position is one of the key roles in our central UX design team responsible for corporate UX design principles and ABB wide Design system. You will participate into creation of this unique Design system, as well as in supporting the execution of designs in several business units across the organization. In this position, you will be collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Frontend Developers in several business units globally.
● Creating the Design system together with the team, especially focusing on the management and development of reusable SW component libraries.
● Supporting our businesses when they implement and execute their digital products.
● An interesting and unique opportunity to work with wide-scale Design system in a very international working environment
● The opportunity to participate into a digital transformation within a large multinational organization with opportunities to further your career, and the opportunity for personal development
● Several years’ experience of frontend development and practices
● Good knowledge of several server-side frameworks and of various server-side implementation languages (e.g. Node.js, ASP.NET), preferably in the Microsoft Azure environment
● Good knowledge of SQL in general, and of some specific DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server)
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
It’s also considered as a plus if you have
● Previous experience of implementing UI component library and design system
● Expertise in .NET WPF
● Understanding of the human-centered design process.
● Experience working in industry and B2B environment Additional information Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65309817 by June 2, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle. If you have questions, contact Marjukka Mäkelä Head of UX Design, Digital ABB, marjukka.makela(a)fi.abb.com.