Lead Cloud Developer
Outotec (Finland) Oy
We are looking for new lead developer to join our customer portal development team at Outotec HQ in Espoo, Finland. The cloud-based portal will offer asset analytics, digital twins or virtual training environments, and access to information such as documents, spare part catalogs and service requests to our customers.
The customer portal is developed as part of Outotec’s Digital Solutions Platform – a team of over thirty software professionals focused on solving real-world challenges to improve safety, performance and sustainability of our customers’ operations. We use a multitude of technologies such as machine vision, physics and chemistry-based simulation, advanced process control and optimization, IoT and connectivity, analytics and machine learning, and a web portal to enable development and delivery of Outotec’s digital services.
See more about us at dev.outotec.com!
As Lead Cloud Developer, you will:
- Lead architecture design and make technical decisions related to the customer portal
- Work in close collaboration with the product owner and the multiple stakeholders
- Participate in demanding software development tasks in the frontend, backend, API’s, access management, component libraries, etc., using Azure services, Node.js, C#, TypeScript and React.js
- Act as an architect outside the portal team and as a specialist in cloud technologies
- Join a diverse team full of skills and passion, ready to support you at every turn
- Enjoy agility within a large corporation – small enough to feel like home, large enough to have impact
- Contribute to our ways of working
- Learn, grow and develop yourself with training, courses, seminars, books and real project work
- Act in a flexible environment where trying out new things and roles are encouraged
To succeed, you will need:
- Work history with developing and architecting complex systems with cloud platforms and web technologies, especially Azure, TypeScript, C# and React.js
- Experience in developing commercial products in the industrial sector
- Real interest in solving challenges and taking pride in the products you build
- Hands-on experience and experimentation in diverse technologies
- Skills and willingness to express your own opinions and to justify them, for supporting decision making and developing the ways we work as a team
- Learning and experimentation as a habit to develop and adapt to a changing environment
- Activity in local developer or open source communities
We want to make the world a better place by enabling our customers to produce minerals and metals as efficiently as possible while minimizing the environmental impact! Join us in our quest and apply now – we will fill the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Location: Finland / Espoo
Organization: Operational Excellence
Employment type: Permanent, Full time
For more information:
Director, Digital Solutions Platform
Phone: +358 40 831 2762
Opening date: 2019-10-17
Closing date: 2019-11-17