(Removed from publishing)
IT Security Manager
Original publication date 6.3.2019
We are looking for:
The role of Security and Privacy is more important than ever for Vaisala. It is therefore vital that we continuously keep improving our security and privacy related mechanisms to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of all our information assets as well as personal data in Vaisala’s care, and protect against damage or destruction, unauthorized disclosure and changes
We are now strengthening our global IT team and looking for an experienced IT Security Manager to join us. The role is based in Vaisala’s head office in Vantaa. The IT Security Manager reports to the CIO.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
Your main responsibility is to ensure that Vaisala has relevant IT Security and Privacy mechanisms in place to meet any compliance regulations and address any security and privacy risks and business requirements.
You will take the ownership and continually develop the agreed scope of the Vaisala Information Security and Privacy programs translating IT risk requirements and constraints of the business and customers into policies and technical control requirements and specifications and developing metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting.
Your responsibilities as IT Security Manager include:
• Actively developing Vaisala Information Security Management System related to the IT environment in close cooperation with the Security Manager and CIO and increasing the effectiveness of the IT security program.
• Developing policies and procedures for Data Privacy in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders, such as legal, IT, security, risk and compliance
• Overseeing the implementation and adaptation of the above policies and procedures in the organization as well as increasing IT security & risk awareness globally.
We value a person who has a real passion for complex security and privacy issues and good knowledge of security and privacy standards, regulations and best practices and is a person with the ability to translate these into understandable requirements and actions. You will be working closely with our technical expertise, so deep IT technical knowledge and expertise is not necessary. However, good general knowledge of IT will help you succeed in the position
A great part of your work involve communicating with different stakeholders on different company levels and you should therefore have good communication and presentation skills especially using the English language. We value a person who is forward thinking, takes initiative and delivers on promise.
What we expect?
• Good knowledge of security standards and frameworks e.g. ISO/IEC27001, SOC 2, Fedramp
• Familiarity with applicable legal and regulatory requirements related to data privacy (e.g. EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR))
• Experience with risk assessment methods
• Broad knowledge in IT security and privacy matters
• Experience with developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
• 5 years’ experience in the subject area
We will offer you an opportunity to work in an inspiring, dynamic and unique business environment with Vaisala’s strong brand and a good chance for professional development.
For additional information please contact CIO Bodil Forss, tel. +358 40 649 5403 on March 14 and 25 10 between 10 – 11 EET (GMT +2 time zone).
Please submit your online application in either Finnish or English by March 25 including your CV and salary expectations.