Helsinki Innovation Services
Helsinki Innovation Services Ltd (HIS) is a fully owned subsidiary of the University of Helsinki Funds and responsible for evaluation, protection and commercialisation of inventions arising from the University of Helsinki. HIS team has created a number of promising spinout companies disseminating the IPR secured by our team and supported by research expertise at the University of Helsinki. We are also active in out-licensing University of Helsinki derived intellectual property to industrial partners.
We are now seeking an
to join our dynamic tech transfer team at the forefront of science and research.
We expect a minimum Bachelor level education in a suitable field and some experience in intellectual property rights (preferably patents). Candidates working towards a relevant degree will also be considered. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, energetic and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. You should have excellent English and Finnish skills, both oral and written.
We value a sense of responsibility, positive attitude and attention to detail.
Your duties will consist of
- Participation in legal processing of the invention disclosures: receiving, archiving and preparing notices in accordance with the University Invention Act
- Maintenance and development of patent and invention disclosure database and reporting documentation
- Monitoring filing and communication deadlines
- Providing administrative support to IP Manager in e.g. drafting documents and execution of agreements
- Handling of patent application filing and patent prosecution related formalities and documentation
- Assisting in invoicing and other financial matters
- Communicating with researchers of University of Helsinki in IPR and inventions related matters
The assignment is for a full time, permanent position and the position will be filled immediately when a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit your application with a CV and salary request by latest on 1.12.2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact IPR and Contracts Manager Pia Kostiainen by phone at 050-309 9796 on 19.11.2019 between 9-11 or 25.11.2019 between 13-15 or at email@example.com