Head of Business Development, Solutions for natural resources and environment
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Sales and business development
Application period: Friday, November 08, 2019 - Sunday, November 24, 2019
Solutions for Natural Resources and Environment business area promotes bio-economy and sustainable use of natural resources as well as solutions to realize circular economy. We focus on creating impact to our customers and society at large based on our scientific and technological excellence. We carry out applied research on industrial biotechnology, food solutions, biomass processing and bio-based products, sustainable chemistry and low-carbon energy.
With us you will be responsible for
We are seeking Head of Business Development, Solutions for natural resources and environment, to be responsible for business development in the business area, commercialization of research and leading a team of professionals working at the business area level on innovation ecosystem development and EU-networks.
VTT’s mission is to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. Our researchers are developing the technologies and solutions of the future. The Head of Business Development is a key role at VTT to turn our research excellence into new products or services in co-creation with our customers and stakeholders.
- Business development at Solutions for natural resources and environment business area including analyzing business environment, creating new collaboration models with customers and partners and developing and supporting innovation ecosystems
- Commercialization of the research, including developing offering, being responsible for technology and IPR strategy processes
- Contributing to business area’s EU and international processes and networks
- People leadership of your team including wellbeing, attracting, retaining, recruiting and developing talents to ensure continuous competence development
- Active participation as a member of the business area leadership team
We expect you to have
You have experience in offering portfolio development and commercialization of research, technology or services. You are able to identify growth opportunities and build collaboration with different stakeholders. In addition, you have gained already experience in leading people.
You have gained experience in the process industries, energy industry or any other relevant industrial field connected to our research fields. We expect you to have university degree in relevant field.
As a person you are
- Strong networking and influencing skills. You are effective in building relationships and collaboration with different stakeholders.
- Ability to create clarity in a complex environment and see the big picture
- Long term focus and persistence
- As a leader you are able to create positive drive and get people excited by coaching and setting ambitious targets
VTT is a place to make a difference in collaboration with other brilliant minds. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us.
With us you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
For further information
Jussi Manninen, Executive Vice President, Solutions for natural resources and environment Jussi.Manninen@vtt.fi, +358405355947, best available for questions: 21.11 8-9 and 10-11.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible, latest by Sunday November 24th, 2019.