Head of Business and Technology Development / ANDRITZ, Helsinki
ANDRITZ Oy is a leading global supplier of systems, equipment and services for the pulp and paper industry including wood processing, fiber processing, chemical recovery, and stock preparation. In addition, ANDRITZ Oy offers biomass boilers and gasification plants for energy production. ANDRITZ HYDRO Oy, located in Tampere, delivers systems, equipment, and services for hydraulic power generation. The number of employees of ANDRITZ companies in Finland is approximately 1 300. The Center of Excellence are Kotka, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Savonlinna, Varkaus, and Tampere. The Headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland.
The listed Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria. With almost 170 years of experience, approximately 29,600 employees, and more than 280 locations in over 40 countries worldwide, ANDRITZ is a reliable and competent partner and helps its customers to achieve their corporate and sustainability goals.
ANDRITZ stands for passion, partnership, perspectives and versatility – core values to which the company is committed.
We are now growing our team to accelerate our development in the A-Recovery+ product group and thus looking for an experienced and open-minded
Head of Business and Technology Development
Your primary responsibilities are to create and to execute a product development strategy in co-operation with internal and external stakeholders. The purpose of the position is to develop and commercialize technologies for the utilization of pulp mill side streams to minimize the environmental footprint and maximize the resource efficiency of our customers operations.
The position is in Helsinki and some travelling is required. You will report to A-Recovery+ Product Group Manager.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the development of side stream solutions in the Recovery and Power Division
- Cooperating with corresponding partners in other Andritz divisions (mainly Fiber Technologies Division and Services Divisions) in mill-wide development and balance calculations
- Developing and leading your own team of dedicated experts
- Supporting the development of already implemented A-Recovery+ products
- Networking and finding partners to develop actual solutions within the industry; also nurturing inter- industrial cooperation in technology solutions and development
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Passion to shape the world with sustainable and innovative technologies
- Curiosity to explore alternative approaches
- Perseverance to refine an idea into an innovation
Experience wise you should have a solid background in chemistry or chemical engineering and at least a basic understanding of pulp mill processes and chemical balances. You should be able to communicate fluently in English; other languages are of advantage.
ANDRITZ Oy as an employer offers you varying challenges, freedom of planning your own work, and development opportunities in a fast-paced international technology company. You will be surrounded by a positive team spirit and supportive colleagues willing to cooperate, share knowledge, and learn together. Fulfill your potential – come and join us!
For more information please contact MPS Consultant Jaana Jaatinen, tel. 020 746 9690. Please send your application with CV by 9.2.2020 via the application button.