Global Product Group Manager, Senior Vice President, Marine Automation & Control Solutions
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for Global Product Group Manager, Marine Automation & Control Solutions at Marine & Ports Business Line in Helsinki, Finland, ABB Oy or Oslo, Norway, ABB AS. Product Group Automation & Control Solutions is globally responsible for automation, control solutions and intelligent shipping within BL Marine & Ports. This PG serves marine new build market by offering solutions such as ship automation, bridge control systems and Marine Pilot family products to shipyards. PG is globally responsible for its sales, product management and technology. This role reports to the Business Line’s Managing Director and the role is part of BL management team.
- Developing and being accountable for growth strategy and customer-needs driven value propositions.
- Defining key initiatives, business plans and target customers in order to turn the strategy into reality.
- Actively managing the portfolio of offerings and value propositions to target customer segments within the PG scope. Managing offering lifecycle, roadmaps, pricing policy, marketing strategy and positioning. Identifying new value propositions that address customers’ most pressing needs and creating a sustainable competitive advantage for ABB.
- Supporting build-up of globally consistent and high-quality sales, production and execution capability and competences across BL for PG scope.
- Driving profitable order growth.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. in Engineering or Industrial Automation or similar.
- More than 5 years of experience with proven success in global business management roles.
- Solid understanding of development, productization, engineering and testing of automation and control solutions in a global environment.
- Solid track record of managing a global technology products’ and solutions’ portfolio.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and market trends.
- Strong, well-developed communication, influencing, coaching and leadership skills.
- Marine industry experience is considered an advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI72439249 by December 31, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact Aino Okkeri, Global Business Line HR, tel. +358 50 332 2960 during Dec 3, 8-9am CET or Dec 11, 8-9am CET.