Fullstack Engineer (new Pinterest product)
Team AweSoMe is looking for a new member! This team is one of the newer teams at Smartly.io focused on expanding the existing product offering further into new social media channels - starting with Pinterest. The team is building automation and efficient workflows for our customers to launch, optimize and scale their advertising campaigns. We're working with interesting challenges, such as:
- Integrating our customers' data into our platform and building infrastructure to help large-scale advertisers automate their ad campaigns.
- Building client-facing micro frontends for the Pinterest platform and integrating them to the Smartly application.
- Building data-driven automation for optimizing ad campaign performance.
We design, build and maintain client-facing APIs and automation services using GraphQL, Node.js, and TypeScript, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, user interfaces using React, Apollo and Redux for core Pinterest workflows, as well as service integrations to the other Smartly infrastructure.
In addition to engineers, our team includes one designer and one product manager. Ideally, you're a fullstack engineer, but we don't mind if you're more backend or frontend focused, and have a preference for one over the other.
Take a closer look at what our team has been working on: How We Built a Seamless User-Experience from Multiple Small Front-End Applications.
Also check out How Engineers Work at Smartly.io.
As a Fullstack Engineer you will:
- Design, build and operate a modern web platform for the most advanced performance marketers and designers.
- Write maintainable, robust and well tested code both in frontend and backend.
- Design, build and operate scalable microservices running on Kubernetes.
- Work with product and UX/UI design to create great user experiences.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in building solid GraphQL APIs running on top of Node.js.
- Fluency with modern frontend development tools like TypeScript, React/Redux and Apollo. Bonus points for experience in managing frontend monorepositories using Lerna.
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and participating in the product discovery process for a new marketing channel.
- Bonus points for experience in large-scale data processing pipelines and event-based systems.
What we offer you:
- Significant personal impact on the new products we're building, as well as impact on our customers' and Smartly's business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- Little legacy code, instead a focus on building a new product.
- If you're interested in working closely with customers, you'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Support for relocation
- Competitive salary and benefits
Our recruitment process
1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
2. Technical interview: we'll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We're trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
4. Final interview with the Team Lead and our Engineering Director.