Documentation Specialist, R&D
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Documentation Specialist, R&D
Based in Vantaa, Finland
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, You’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures of cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In Finland we have over 900 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind. Take a look at the video.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Documentation Specialist to support the documentation effort for the development of CascadionSM LC-MSMS InVitro Diagnostic (IVD) assay reagent kits.
What will you do?
The Documentation Specialist will work closely with Project Managers and R&D Scientists to support the R&D department in creating and maintaining the project documents and deliverables including the regulatory filings.
- Support creating and editing project related documents
- Supporting product development documentation creation
- Proactively manage document reviews and approvals as per project schedule together with Project Managers
- Collaborate with scientists and QARA team members to complete assigned tasks
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree or similar e.g. University of Applied Sciences in applicable field.
- Several years of experience writing or editing documents is preferred
- Exposure to technical or diagnostic product development is an advantage
- Experience in Agile product lifecycle management and DOORS requirement management systems is a plus
- Degree or certification in editing, technical writing, journalism, or other communication topic
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert user of Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to work systematically and meet project deadlines
- Ability to edit highly-complex scientific content
- Ability to proactively manage the assigned writing/editing projects and document approvals
- Knowledge of design control, quality, and regulatory compliance for the development of medical device products, preferably in the clinical diagnostics and IVD field
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.XIcx_I_K by 2.6.2019. Reference: 94490BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior Manager, Diagnostics Sirpa Riistama-Laari, tel. +358 10 3292215 on Friday 24.5. at 9-10 or Wednesday 29.5. at 9–10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.