CHIEF SUSTAINABILITY OFFICER
The future takes place in cities that invest in sustainable solutions. Ylva builds a sustainable and international City of Tomorrow: Helsinki. To realize our vision we need cutting-edge technologies and tools in our projects.
To achieve our vision, we are now seeking a Chief Sustainability Officer
- to develop Ylva’s business areas inclusively and sustainably across different business sectors and
- to create a new global SDG reporting standard.
Ylva’s key investment area is real estate development. Our aim is to develop environmental responsibility of our greenfield and brownfield properties with regards to emissions during construction as well as end use.
As an expert in sustainability, you will take part in executing Ylva’s strategy; in building the most emission-efficient properties in the Nordics, as well as in modernizing our more than century old key properties.
In our HoReCa sector we aim to reduce our carbon footprint and develop innovative sustainable practices that will lead both our stakeholders and the overall society towards a more sustainable way of life.
Our work community values professionals who are always prepared to help one another, are solution-driven, and have good social skills.
You will be successful in this role if you
- have a vision of a carbon neutral built environment
- have diverse technical know-how combined with knowledge of economic issues
- want to develop sustainable business operations and SDG reporting on a global level
- have a good grasp of major sustainability certifications, but are not limited thereto
- are not hindered by partial optimization and are able to see the bigger picture
- have a suitable higher academic degree (Master or Doctor) and have post-graduate experience in either consultancy or in one of our business sectors
- work fluently in English. Other language skills, including but not limited to the Nordic languages, are valued, however, not prerequisites.
Industry experience within real estate business and its sustainability certifications is considered an asset.
We offer you a varied and challenging role in a growing company located in the heart of Helsinki. The job requires a moderate amount of travel.
To apply, please send an application letter, CV and a salary request by 30rd June 2019 via www.mercuriurval.com/fi, job reference FI-14160. The position may be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about the position, please contact Hannu-Matias Nurmi tel. +358 40 809 5291 at Mercuri Urval, or Antti Kerppola, CEO of Ylva, tel. +358 45 353 2187.