Category Purchasing Manager
Do you share our passion to work together and move our customer’s performance forward?
In Ulvila Supply Chain we handle Pulp & Energy’s Wood Handling, Pulp Drying and Batch Cooking Technology Units purchase and delivery supervising. Units include different kind of steel products for example conveyor bridges, tanks & towers and pressure vessels. Variation of products is wide.
You will be part of our experienced supply team in Ulvila and co-operating worldwide with other Valmet departments.
As a Category Purchasing Manager, you
- are responsible for purchasing installations both in mechanical and E&I.
- act as a link between operational and strategic procurement.
- manage operative procurement activities in customer or sub-contractor sites, where to focus on in mechanical and E&I installations, customer relations, communication and contractual meeting.
- support sales and cost estimation in sales phase and sourcing of new market areas and suppliers.
- will be spent most of your time in close interaction with the sub-contractors or internal stakeholders. Working with customer is also included in description.
- participate development projects and implement supply plans for the agreed projects.
To succeed in this role you should have suitable education, preferably a technical B.Sc or M.Sc degree from related field, other degrees with extensive relevant work experience are also possible. Experience of site related work, preferable both mechanical and E&I as well as knowledge of on-site purchasing and resource planning in related field, experience in international procurement is an advantage.
Machine manufacturing industry, product knowledge and hands-on experience in similar sourcing role in an international environment including experience from cost competitive country business environment and supplier base is an advantage. Your personal characteristics include strong communication and intercultural negotiation skills, strategic planning and development. You have co-operative attitude and genuine drive and desire to make success within Valmet. Fluent English, both written and spoken, is essential.
The position requires regular travelling due to global customers, partners and suppliers.
We offer an exciting position with possibility to work with modern technology in international projects as well as find opportunities for personal development.
Additional information can be obtained from Senior Manager, EMEA Supply Centers, Jarmo Melava, email@example.com. Send your application form with your CV and desired salary via the link provided at the latest August 4th, 2019.
Join the team and share that feeling of working together to make a difference!
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork. www.valmet.com/careers