Business Director, Legal / Edita Publishing, Helsinki
Edita Publishing is a knowledge company on a mission to make the world a better experience. We provide Smart Learning and Legal information services for a wide range of customers in public, private and third sector organizations. We are 85 enthusiastic experts and our office locates in Helsinki.
We are part of Nordic Morning Group which has a strong culture of learning and change. We have been in business since 1859 but have never stopped renewing our way of working through people and technology.
Would you like to be a part of our exciting journey? We're developing our business and are now looking for
Business Director, Legal
with responsibility for leading the business segment and driving growth through strategic development of the service offering. You are a member of Edita Publishing's management team and you report to the managing director. You have many external and internal stakeholders and work in close collaboration with our key customers and partners as well as the sales and technology teams.
The Legal business segment provides leading information services in Finland. Relevant and reliable content in the fields of legal and official information is in the core of our versatile information solutions – publications, learning services, digital products and services. As Business Director you are accountable for the segment's revenue and result.
Your main responsibilities are
- leading the legal business segment, operative business and product and service development in a customer-centric and profitable way
- searching for new business opportunities in collaboration with customers, partners and stakeholders
- leading the business segment team of managers and experts
- contributing in the strategy and development work of the whole company
You have a strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills. You understand the role of legal content in the society. You identify growing trends in the industry and their impact on customer needs and thus our business. You are a supportive and firm leader with the ability to put plans into action with your team.
In order to be successful in your position you have
- academic degree, preferably in business and legal studies
- vast experience in business management and leadership
- experience in building or managing customer and partner relationships
- evidence of successfully managing and/or working in projects
- interest in technology and how to develop legal design and tech in the business
- fluency in Finnish and English
With us you will be a part of professional and learning culture with great colleagues in an inspiring working environment.
How can you contribute to our journey and make our team even better? Send in your application via the application button by May 20th and let us know how you would make an impact to our team.
For more information, please contact MPS Consultant Jaana Jaatinen, tel. +358 20 746 9690.