Would you like to work in a work environment that is most certainly unique? With us, you get to do meaningful work and enable a more environmentally friendly way to travel and transport.
We are looking for Web developers who are motivated by working on software that has a measurable impact on business and travel inside Finland. In your position you would be working closely with our new website uusi.vr.fi that has a purpose of replacing our current mainsite and sales system vr.fi.
For a few concrete examples of our tech cases in mind our new VR Matkalla and uusi.vr.fi are projects looking for your attention. You will work directly with other members in our digital crew and our passenger services business division. VR's sales funnel is mostly digital and travel services f2f, so we offer a great set of challenges to work with and you will have multilayered challenges to work with and grow professionally. We have skilled personnel to work with in creating new digital opportunities for the business. You will also get to work with our skilled design team, growth team and data analytics team to gain insight on building a more customer oriented services. In your team, you have the freedom to together select tools best fit for your use.
We expect you to:
• Have experience in building web services and familiarity with both front-end and back-end development.
We are looking for developers from various expertise levels. Your focus can be more on front-end or fullstack/back-end or broader systems but you are not afraid to jump in to any point.
You will stand out if you:
• Know Gatsby, GraphQL, AWS, Docker, Fargate and/or Cucumber, WebdriverIO and Browserstack
• Understand the entire web development process incl. design, development, deployment and operations, and display references of such projects in your application
• Know microservice architectures
• Are comfortable working with a variety of programming languages and technology stacks or interested to jump in and learn new skills
• Have past experience in building e-commerce mobile apps
• Think analytically, and you are a proactive problem solver
• Are business-minded and driven to help our business grow with code
• Understand and talk business with design and business owners
• Have worked in development related accessibility requirements
10 reasons to choose us
1. Your work will impact the daily lives and travel of hundreds of thousands of people and the transportation of thousands of tons of cargo
2. We reduce the carbon footprint of society through our actions
3. 6,000 nice co-workers and professionals
4. A wide variety of training and learning opportunities as well as different career paths
5. A competitive monthly salary and incentive reward models
6. We offer work time flexibility for different life situations and a remote working opportunity
7. Free travel on Finnish railways for both work and leisure, as well as a wide range of tourism and recreational opportunities at staff prices in Finland and abroad
8. Support for your sports and cultural activities as well as daily lunches
9. Extensive occupational health services
10. Modern tools and workspaces
Customers and growth are at the heart of what we do, as well as the well-being of our staff. We are constantly developing our management and work culture, as we believe that a good employee experience also produces the best customer experience.
We invest heavily in the future of our business and digitalization. All our operations are guided by responsibility and continuous development, as we want to continue to be a major leader in public transport and logistics.
Great! Submit your application via the link below.
We would have interviews from two to three for introduction on you and your motivation and experience and you would get to meet your future team members and hear their thoughts on our projects for a better insight. After the interviews, we would like to contact your references for a better understanding of your career.
Need more information?
For more information on the position in question, please contact Amanda Kailio (email@example.com or +358407436575) for more insight in our web and mobile projects.
Please notice that during July there will be a break with interviews, and interviews will continue in August.
In August, please call Amanda for more information during these times:
August 4th: from 4pm-5pm.
August 6th :from 4pm-5pm.
VR Group is a versatile, environmentally friendly and responsibly operating travel, logistics and maintenance service company. The Group employs about 6,000 professionals. VR Group operates mainly in Finland, but also has operations abroad, especially in Russia.