V&V Engineer Summer Trainee
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments as well as develops and manufactures magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
Take a look how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://youtu.be/wDm4NLxq3nI
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Summer Trainee for a 3-month full-time internship in our Verification and Validation team within Liquid Handling Solutions R&D at our site in Vantaa. You will ensure that the new liquid handling instruments and consumables under development fulfill the expected requirements.
What will you do?
- Test new products according to test protocols
- Analyze and report test results
- Work closely with R&D and product management as part of an international team
How will you get here?
- Studies in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or applicable field
- Laboratory work experience
- Practical experience with liquid handling devices and pipetting techniques
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good documentation skills and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by April 15, 2020. Reference: 116100BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.