Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you all about science and technology? Would you like to develop your skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2022 traineeships. Together, we can turn these challenges into a hopeful future.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds from 48 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next Research trainee in our Structural integrity team? Join us - and let’s make science work for hope next summer!
In this position, you will have an essential role in assisting in data gathering, laboratory equipment handling and method development.
Our team, Structural integrity team works on structural aspects of varying industries, with emphasis on nuclear industry. This position is related to the non-destructive testing of materials structural integrity.
What your responsibilities as a Research Trainee would include?
- Assisting with non-destructive inspections and data gathering
- Laboratory equipment handling and maintenance
- Assisting in Data handling and development
- Depending on prior knowledge, FEM simulation or automatic flaw/aging detection with machine learning.
Who we are looking for?
- You have background in mechanical/materials engineering or physics. Preferably at the end of studies.
- Prior knowledge on NDT, FEM and Python/Matlab is considered as an advantage.
- You have fluent written and spoken English.
As a person, we hope that you are eager to develop yourself as well as take new challenges. We hope that you are a team player with good collaboration skills. We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start.
What would we offer you?
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2000 experts representing more than 40 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative scientific and technical solutions as part of our Structural Integrity team. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 6 February 2022. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid and the duration is usually between 3 and 6 months. The exact starting date and length of the traineeship can be discussed. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Tuomas Koskinen, email@example.com, +358 50 563 8588 on 11.2.2022 12-15 or 25.2.2022 12-15.
Meet last summer's VTT Changemakers in VTT's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vttfinland/
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 10 January 2022 and 6 February 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Fixed-term (Summer traineeship)