Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you all about science and technology? Would you like to develop your skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2022 traineeships. Together, we can turn these challenges into a hopeful future.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds from 48 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next research trainee in our Chemical Process Technologies Team? Join us - and let’s make science work for hope next summer!
As a research trainee, you will have an essential role in the preparation of experimental work, the execution of work and the maintenance and upkeep of the equipment used. You will work closely together with your research colleagues in operating and maintaining a catalyst test unit and analysing and reporting results.
Our team, Chemical process technologies works on the development of chemical processes from laboratory to pilot scale in the production of synthetic chemical products from bio-based materials and by-products. We support solving global challenges for example by the recovery of materials from challenging secondary streams and through high-impact renewable materials. See more about the research carried out in our pilot facilities from the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRs949PDDEQ
What your responsibilities as a Research Trainee would include?
- To operate laboratory scale hydrotreatment units for catalyst testing accurately and safely and record the results
- To participate in the maintenance and repairing of testing devices and analysers
- To maintain a safe and clean work area.
Who we are looking for?
- You are passionate about your work and enjoy doing experimental work.
- Degree or ongoing studies in Chemical, Process or Materials technologies (Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other similar education).
- Experience in industry and piloting is considered an asset.
- Good oral and written proficiency in Finnish and English.
- Self-initiative and diligence in work tasks, as well as the desire and ability to learn new things.
As a person, we hope that you:
- able to work efficiently and proactively
- willing to learn new things and practical
- be independently responsible for carrying out project assignments.
- Good communication skills are expected, as you will be collaborating regularly with scientists, technicians, and international colleagues.
We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start.
What would we offer you?
Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2000 experts representing more than 40 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative scientific and technical solutions as part of our Chemical Process Technologies team. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 6 February 2022. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid and the duration is usually between 3 and 6 months. The exact starting date and length of the traineeship can be discussed. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For more information about the position, you can contact:
- Tuomas van der Meer, Research team leader, +358 50 4736217 on 28.1 at 13-14
- Marco Huotari, Research engineer, +358 40 5910701 on 28.1 at 13-14.
Meet last summer's VTT Changemakers in VTT's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vttfinland/
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 10 January 2022 and 6 February 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Fixed-term (Summer traineeship)