Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you passionate about bringing exponential hope to the world? Would you like to develop your marketing skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2022 traineeships. Together, we can turn these challenges into a hopeful future.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds from 48 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next Marketing Trainee in our Customer Marketing team? If you want to join the ride, please keep on reading!
As a Marketing Trainee, you will be working as part of our Customer Marketing team. In this position, you will have an essential role in supporting the Customer Marketing team in various digital marketing, events, campaigns, and content creation related tasks.
Our Customer Marketing team is responsible for demand creation, lead generation, and nurturing and we work closely with sales, business areas, communications and digital marketing teams to ensure seamless customer experience and engagement across the different touchpoints. Our team leads the marketing planning and execution for all VTT Business Areas. As a Marketing Trainee, you will also independently manage a range of smaller marketing initiatives such as coordinating and producing webpage content, planning and executing digital and social media campaigns, content and events.
What your responsibilities as a Marketing Trainee would include?
- Creating, updating and publishing content for our website, social media channels and other relevant touchpoints
- Planning and creating various types of marketing assets (e.g. articles, sales presentations, lead magnets, videos, etc.)
- Planning and executing digital marketing and social media campaigns
- Supporting Customer Marketing team in planning and organising online, offline and hybrid events
- Coordinating customer marketing campaigns, content creation and events with our key internal and external stakeholders
- Managing and updating content on our Brand Portal, ensuring easy access to marketing and brand assets
- Independently managing smaller marketing initiatives (e.g. campaign asset creation, updates on sales support materials, etc).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for the following skills and competencies:
- A Master’s Degree or relevant educational degree in Marketing
- Preferably some earlier work experience in B2B marketing, events, Microsoft Office programs and relevant digital marketing tools
- Understanding of the role of brand, the marketing funnel basics, and the role of different marketing touchpoints
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal Finnish and English language skills.
As a person, we hope that you have the following personal traits:
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude and positive mindset
- Hands-on attitude and gets things done
- Resilience, flexibility and ability to cope with change
- Strong project management skills, independent and structured way of working.
We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start.
What would we offer you?
Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2000 experts representing more than 40 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative marketing concepts and activities as part of our Customer Marketing team. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. We support you through the challenging tasks and welcome your input and point of view. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 6 February 2022. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid and the duration is usually between 3 and 6 months. The exact starting date and length of the traineeship can be discussed. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Anne Laurinantti on Monday 31st January between 9-10 or on Tuesday 2nd February between 9-10 at +358 40 5122198.
Meet last summer's VTT Changemakers in VTT's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vttfinland/
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 10 January 2022 and 6 February 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Fixed-term (Summer traineeship), hydrid work