VTT Summer Internships 2020; Trainee, silicon wafer processing
VTT Summer Internships 2020; Trainee, silicon wafer processing (6290)Form of employment: Full time, Fixed term
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Micronova manufacturing services
Application period: Monday, January 13, 2020 - Sunday, February 09, 2020
Are you looking for a summer job with meaningful responsibility and possibility to make an impact? At VTT you have an opportunity to be part of our innovative work community of brilliant minds, and learn and develop with the support of your team mates. We have over 2000 encouraging and inspiring colleagues from 47 different nationalities waiting for you across Finland!
Our last summer’s trainees rated their summer job experience at 3,72 / 4 in Responsible Summer Job survey by Oikotie. Below are some excerpts of their feedback:
”I’ve been involved to versatile different projects and to different level of work tasks.”
”It was an eye opening experience to be part of various research projects.”
Do you want to join Process Engineering team to support silicon processing in microelectronics cleanroom Micronova in Otaniemi? We operate in cleanroom fully equipped for the fabrication of silicon and glass based microsystems and devices. Process Engineer team supports and develops processes for innovative pilot production and R&D.
https://www.vttmemsfab.fi/our-foundry/With us you will be responsible for
With us you will be assisting process engineers in the process development and problem solving in the cleanroom manufacturing environment. Your task is also to help in sustaining the processes over the holiday season in collaboration with maintenance group.
• Support silicon wafer processing in the manufacturing and R&D:
o Uses characterization tools, such as reflectometer, microscope, SEM, etc.
o Carries out test and monitor runs using processing equipment
o Follows up of the test results and the statistical control limits
• Background in physic/chemistry/electrical engineering and studies and/or some experience in microfabrication processes.
• Ability to work in the clean room laboratory environment
• Ability to take initiative, responsibility, ability to combine theory with practice in a solution-oriented manner
• Good interaction and cooperation skills and fluent English
• You should be interested in the Microfabrication and enthusiastic about Silicon based devices.
• Analytical mindset, attentive to details, result-driven, not shy to propose ideas for improvement; want to see research results turn into commercial solutions.
• Good collaboration skills and also able to work independently, professional attitude.
• Willingness to learn new things while applying in practice the acquired knowledge at school
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
At VTT you also have an opportunity to continue working after your summer job as a part-time employee alongside of your studies or as a Thesis worker. According to Responsible Summer Job survey, 96 % of our summer interns were satisfied with their summer internship experience and 95 % were willing to continue working at VTT in the future.For further information
Please contact: Heini Saloniemi, Manager, Process Engineering, email@example.com +358 40 733 4719
Please send your CV, cover letter and transcript record through our recruitment system as soon as possible because we will fill in the position when the right person is found. The length of the summer internship is negotiable.