VTT Summer Internships 2020; Research Trainee, Autonomous Systems Connectivity
VTT Summer Internships 2020; Research Trainee, Autonomous Systems Connectivity (6286)Form of employment: Full time, Fixed term
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Connectivity
Application period: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - Sunday, February 09, 2020
At VTT you have an opportunity to be part of our innovative work community of brilliant minds, and learn and develop with the support of your team mates. We have over 2000 encouraging and inspiring colleagues from 47 different nationalities waiting for you across Finland!
Our last summer’s trainees rated their summer job experience at 3,72 / 4 in Responsible Summer Job survey by Oikotie. Below are some excerpts of their feedback:
”I’ve been involved to versatile different projects and to different level of work tasks.”
”It was an eye opening experience to be part of various research projects.”
Do you want to join the Autonomous Systems Connectivity team at VTT? Our team focuses on development of communications solutions for autonomous and remote controlled systems such as cars, ships, and unmanned aerial vehicles. We develop also ultra-reliable low latency communications and positioning techniques for future systems. The team is located in Oulu and Espoo, while this open position is in the Espoo site.With us you will be responsible for
We are looking for a motivated summer trainee to do research on 5G/ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC) and/or indoor/outdoor positioning according to the applicant’s interest areas. We are offering interesting and challenging work in a dynamic research team. The position opens excellent possibilities for the applicant to participate both in national and international R&D projects. The content of the work will be tailored according to the worker's skills and practical experience and can include, e.g.:
• Exploration of new techniques for improving network performance and quality and/or indoor/outdoor positioning accuracy
• Performing field measurements and trials together with other team members. Doing measurement analysis and visualization and reporting of results.
• Making improvements to VTT’s measurement and analysis tools
• Basic knowledge about wireless network technologies (e.g. Wi-Fi, LTE, 4G/5G, and LPWA), if interested only in wireless communications.
• Basic knowledge about wireless technologies (e.g. Wi-Fi, LTE, 4G/5G, and LPWA) as well as basic knowledge about positioning techniques (sensor based, network based, and GNSS), if interested in both wireless communications and indoor/outdoor positioning.
• Basic programming skills.
• Mandatory spoken and written fluency of English.
• We also appreciate prior knowledge of different wireless technologies, e.g. 5G, mesh technologies, Low-Power Wide Area networks, and programming languages, e.g. C#, C++, Python, and 3D graphics on Windows platform.
Innovative and solutions-oriented team-player, being able to work also independently. You are willing to learn new things. You have good problem-solving skills.We offer
We offer you a position where you get the opportunity to collaborate with top researchers from Finnish academia and leading industry. You will have a chance to build your professional network, meet experienced researchers, and learn new things about ultra-reliable low-latency solutions for 4G/5G networks and indoor and outdoor positioning techniques. The position is first for the summer, but can potentially offer possibilities for continuation e.g. towards a M.Sc. thesis. The work will be done in supervision of a VTT senior researcher.For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Tiia Ojanperä, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 20 722 2077) on 13.1. between 9 and 10 or 4.2. between 15 and 16.