VTT Summer Internships 2019; Trainee, silicon wafer processing
Form of employment: Full time, Fixed term
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Micronova manufacturing services
Applications by February 28, 2019
Do you want to join Process Engineering team to support silicon processing in microelectronics cleanroom Micronova in Otaniemi? We operate in cleanroom fully equipped for the fabrication of silicon and glass based microsystems and devices. Process Engineer team supports and develops processes for innovative pilot production and R&D.
With us you will be assisting process engineers in the process development and problem solving in the cleanroom manufacturing environment. Your task is also to help in sustaining the processes over the holiday season in collaboration with maintenance group.
Support silicon wafer processing in the manufacturing and R&D:
-Uses characterization tools, such as reflectometer, microscope, SEM, etc.
-Carries out test and monitor runs using processing equipment
-Follows up of the test results and the statistical control limits
• Background in physic/chemistry/electrical engineering and studies and/or some experience in microfabrication processes.
• Ability to work in the clean room laboratory environment
• Ability to take initiative, responsibility, ability to combine theory with practice in a solution-oriented manner
• Good interaction and cooperation skills and fluent English
• You should be interested in the Microfabrication and enthusiastic about Silicon based devices.
• Analytical mindset, attentive to details, result-driven, not shy to propose ideas for improvement; want to see research results turn into commercial solutions.
• Good collaboration skills and also able to work independently, professional attitude.
• Willingness to learn new things while applying in practice the acquired knowledge at school
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.For further information
Heini Saloniemi, Manager, Process Engineering
Micronova Manufacturing Services
+358 40 733 4719