VTT Summer Internships 2019; Research Trainee, Systems engineering
Do you want to join a team of top experts in systems mathematical optimisation, data analytics and systems engineering? Our research team, Systems engineering and simulation, focuses its research on applying model and simulation based systems engineering, and optimisation together with data analytics, mainly in the process industry sector. In more detail, we do research and development in process system simulation, application of mathematical optimisation and data analytics, and systems engineering of safety critical automation systems. Computational methods, software tools and their implementation are strongly involved in our work.With us you will be responsible for
• Background study of suitable machine learning and data analytics methods for hybrid modelling
• Implementing the selected data analytics approach for a test case
• Testing the selected approach with the test case
• Other related research and development tasks
• Prior experience in applying data analytics and machine learning
• Study background in computer science, mathematical optimisation or some other relevant topic
• Knowledge and competences in implementing software systems and small software applications
• Good language skills at least in English, both spoken and written
• Open-minded, curious, innovative and analytical
• You have good collaboration skills, but you have also willingness to work independently
• You have good communication skills and you are outgoing
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in data analytics and mathematical optimisation together with VTT´s top experts. We provide a great research environment to get into systems engineering and many of its research topics just within one research team.
For more information about the position, you can contact Juha Kortelainen, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 50 328 7040) on January 17 between 13:00 and 15:00, January 23 between 13:00 and 15:00, or January 31 between 9:00 and 11:00.
The interviews will take place during weeks 6 and 7.