VTT Summer Internships 2019: Research Trainee, self-sufficient district research
Do you want to join the research team that is solving the challenge of the resilient and resource positive Smart Cities? We are looking for a summer trainee for the Self-sufficient district research. The self-sufficient district is a key block of the resource efficient Smart City. The district is the cities’ smallest scalable unit, where the interconnection and integration of the energy, water and food happens.
See more about our research: https://www.vttresearch.com/services/sustainable-and-smart-city/energy
With us you will be responsible for
Conducting research, making concepts of self-sufficient district solutions and reporting them in English. The detailed topic can be formulated based on the applicant’s background.
• Execute the ongoing projects with senior experts
• Conduct simulation analyses of technical systems, building energy systems and district energy systems.
• Report the results in English
We expect you to have
We expect you to have a technical background on the area of environmental and energy engineering and you are currently at the end of your studies. The understanding of the energy, food and water nexus is an essential requirement. Also we expect you to have:
• Work experience on the energy and environment domain
• Studies that have contained courses on the topics of: environmental engineering, energy production, renewable energies, waste management, sustainability, energy in the built environment and LCA
• Good computer skills and ability to learn quickly the use of new energy modelling tools
• Fluency (speaking and writing) in English
As a person you are
As a person you are enthusiastic about new technologies and interested in making better world for our future generations. You are ready to learn new things and ready to work independently when needed.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in the Smart energy and transport solutions -research area together with VTT´s top experts. Our research team develops solutions for the future Smart Cities to enable the pathway to sustainable future.
For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Jari Shemeikka, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 40 7224505) on Thu Feb 7th between 1 PM and 4 PM or on Fri Feb 8th between 1 PM and 4 PM.