VTT Summer Internships 2019; Research Trainee, Printed and organic electronics
Do you want to join the world leading printed electronics processing team for roll to roll pilot line printing? At VTT Oulu we have an advanced infrastructure of tools where we can create futuristic electronic systems with traditional printing techniques. In our group, you will be on the cutting edge of new technologies involving novel materials, processes and multidisciplinary product applications. As part of our team, you will work with emerging manufacturing technologies for new product applications. Collaboration with companies, aiming to exploit our technologies, will give an additional insight to your work. This job is a unique opportunity for you to join a field of technology on the cusp of commercial exploitation.
With us you will be responsible for helping print and characterize flexible electronic components.
Material scientist/chemist (physical chemistry or organic electronics interest)
• assist with printing functional inks
• characterize printed organic electronic devices (electrical)
• help with optical and spectroscopic characterization
• Chemistry/Physics/Material Science major (BSc or MSc students)
• Experience in a chemistry lab
• Understanding of the scientific method, team working skills and good communication abilities.
• Good oral English skills and satisfactory writing
• Open-minded, innovative, want to see research results turn into commercial solutions
• team-player, good collaboration skills
• good communication skills, outgoing, professional attitude
• self-driven, willingness to learn new things, well-organized, practical, hands-on
We offer a position in one of the leading printed electronics research institutes and the possibility to create innovative manufacturing technologies for the needs of the printed electronics industry. You will be part of a creative and international working research team with excellent research facilities. Our research team specializes in renewable energy, especially OPV and perovskite solar cells, printed electronics processing and product development, as well as enabling technologies for healthcare and well-being.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in research area together with VTT´s top experts. The Printed Electronics Processing team is an interactive combination of physical scientists and technical engineers who are producing the future of electronics.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
For more information about the position, you can contact Terho Kololuoma (Team Leader)email@example.com or Thomas Kraft (Senior Scientist) firstname.lastname@example.org