VTT Summer Internships 2019: Research Trainee for automated vehicles
VTT has a solid background of more than 30 years in transport research. Automated Vehicles team of 12 people is developing and testing automated vehicles, both passenger cars and heavy work machineries. This research covers sensors, communication units, cloud computing, navigation software, machine vision etc. Our recent focus has been in developing sensor hardware and software for connected and automated driving functions.
With us you will be responsible for
You will be working as part of a team that develops real-time Linux software for connected and automated vehicle functions. The work is related to instrumenting and implementing environmental perception and decision-making modules for controlling self-driving cars and mobile machinery.
• signal processing of various range sensor data
• integrating functions to a development platform
• processing traffic-related data from various databases
• programming Linux software
• designing situational awareness and decision-making modules
We expect you to have
• studies related to signal processing and programming with C/C++
• proactive attitude and willingness to work outdoors in real traffic environment
• driving license
• fluent English reporting skills
As a person you are
• Open-minded, innovative and a problem-solver
• Tolerate occasional time pressure
• Not afraid to try and even fail to use new technologies
• Agile and flexible team-player
We offer a vantage point in frontline of automated vehicle research, interesting and challenging tasks with the robot cars Martti, Marilyn, Pate, and possibilities to develop your own excellence. You contribute to development of future autonomous vehicles and transport robotics. You would be a member of the exceptionally innovative RobotCar crew.
For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Jukka Laitinen, Team Leader (tel. +358 40 518 1098) or Matti Kutila, Senior Project Manager (tel. +358 40 820 8334).