VTT Summer Internships 2019; Research Trainee, Flexible electronic systems
Do you want to join the world leading printed electronics processing team for roll to roll pilot line printing? At VTT Oulu we have an advanced infrastructure of tools where we can create futuristic electronic systems with traditional printing techniques. In our group, you will be on the cutting edge of new technologies involving novel materials, processes and multidisciplinary product applications. As part of our team, you will work with emerging manufacturing technologies for new product applications. Collaboration with companies, aiming to exploit our technologies, will give an additional insight to your work. This job is a unique opportunity for you to join a field of technology on the cusp of commercial exploitation.
With us you will be responsible for designing electronics that involve printed components like solar cells, sensors, and batteries.
• electronics design
• helping with embedded software for electronics control
• help with device characterization
• simulations (ECM etc.)
• Electronics major (BSc or MSc students)
• Experience designing electronic systems
• Understanding of the scientific method, team working skills and good communication abilities.
• Good oral English skills and satisfactory writing
• Experience with simulations is seen as complimentary
• Open-minded, solutions-oriented, proactive, want to see research results turn into commercial solutions
• team-player with good collaboration skills
• good communication skills, outgoing, professional attitude
• self-driven, willingness to learn new things, well-organised, practical, hands-on
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in research area together with VTT´s top experts. The Printed Electronics Processing team is an interactive combination of physical scientists and technical engineers who are producing the future of electronics.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
For more information about the position, you can contact Terho Kololuoma (Team Leader)firstname.lastname@example.org or Thomas Kraft (Senior Scientist) email@example.com