VTT Summer Internships 2019: Research Trainee, Energy systems and climate
Do you want to join Energy Systems and Climate research team? Our research is focused on future energy systems and transition to sustainable carbon neutral societies. We are experts on scenario modelling, energy markets, sustainability, and case-analysis on different levels (business, system, technology, and LCA). Our work supports strategic decision making of companies, ministries, and even private consumers.
With us you will be responsible for
Summer trainee will work in the on-going national and international projects focusing on future energy systems on a national, EU and global levels. Exact tasks will be defined based on candidate’s experience and study background. Main responsibilities:
• Collecting and analysing data and literature on sustainable energy systems
• Working with databases and statistics
• Small modelling exercises and/or developing quantitative models
We expect you to have
• Studies on energy systems, energy economics, and/or systems analysis.
• Programming skills are an advantage (Python, Matlab, etc.)
• Language skills: English and Finnish
As a person you are
• Innovative, solutions-oriented and eager to learn new things
• Good team-player but also have willingness to work independently
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in smart energy and transport solutions research area together with VTT´s top experts. Our research team focuses on holistic forward looking transition management towards sustainable societies with especial focus on climate action.
For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Tiina Koljonen, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 50 3599549).