Vice President, Human Resources
Description of unit:
Human Resources a Group-wide function and a part of the Orion Group’s Corporate Functions. HR’s mission is to develop inspiring employee experience and support organizational capability development. We proactively support business within allocated, strategical areas. We execute our mission through high-quality HR services and processes with the support of our HR professionals.
Description of position:
After many years of leading the unit successfully, the current position holder will continue her career outside Orion and we are looking for a successor for her.
Vice President, Human Resources will be responsible for leading Orion’s HR function. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Orion’s businesses and other functions across the company.
We are seeking an energetic and insightful person with 7+ years of relevant experience, strong business sense, and demonstrated management and leadership skills to join a collaborative and highly professional team. As a self-guided proactive person you are openly taking personal responsibility for the decisions and actions related to your responsibilities. You take a broad perspective, benchmarking externally and leveraging learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future needs.
You will report to Senior Vice President, Corporate Functions and be a member of the Corporate Functions Management Team. Your location is Orion´s Headquarters in Espoo.
- Lead, manage and coach the HR team of highly professional members; develop and retain talent to ensure the long-term success of the organization
- Lead Orion´s HR with an approach and view that best serve the business objectives of the company and the interests of our people
We expect you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, i.e. leadership positions in business and/or HR or other functions
- Proven skills in leading large - and probably complex – issues with significant strategic importance to the company
- Excellent networking, presentation and communication skills in English and Finnish with high impact
- Masters degree in Science, Law or other applicable field
The following qualities help you to succeed in the job:
- Authentic and transparent style as a leader, acting with integrity in the longer-term interest of the organization
- Tenacious and committed mindset, demonstrating accountability and ownership
- Strong team player skills, someone who focuses on collective results rather than individual achievements
- Self-motivated and curious attitude
- Ability to work both in a strategic big-picture mode as well as tactically, including the capability to “roll up one’s sleeves”.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to see solutions over problems.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter working style
- Ability for successful collaboration with our personnel representatives
What we offer:
The position provides you an excellent opportunity to have an impact on Orion´s long term success and an opportunity to use your own strengths for development. As a member of this community you are able to contribute and affect how Orion improves well-being of our customers, people and other stakeholders. We have a good working atmosphere based on common values and mutual trust.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
For additional information on the position, please contact, Olli Huotari, Senior Vice President, Corporate Functions, tel. +358 50 966 3054 during the following times (FIN): Wednesday 17th or 24th April at 15.30-16.30.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please send your application and CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 29.04.2019.
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.