Vice President for Education
Aalto University is looking for a visionary game changer to be our new Vice President for Education.
Grand challenges of our time call for the education of game changers: leaders and doers of tomorrow with capabilities to build a sustainable society and to increase wellbeing. As Aalto’s VP for Education, you empower our student community to make an impact in the world.
Aalto University seeks to be a global forerunner in learning and teaching, pioneering high-quality and innovative learning experiences. We are looking for a new VP for Education with passion and ambition to match our goal of providing the best education and learning opportunities for our students. In this role you will oversee and develop the university’s teaching and learning related activities at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, being in charge of:
- Attracting and engaging the best students through inspiring curricula that address societal challenges
- Offering and developing multidisciplinary study opportunities and high quality learning experiences
- Developing and deploying forerunner digital solutions to improve learning outcomes
- Ensuring students’ capabilities and wellbeing in our multicultural and diverse community by providing first-class study support
- Strengthening students’ working life capabilities by leveraging deep industry-academia relationships
- Managing the pedagogic development of teaching and learning services
- Managing the annual planning and reporting of all education activities as well as ensuring overall quality management of education at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels
- Collaborating actively with external stakeholders in Finland and abroad in the field of education
You engage and inspire the whole Aalto community as part of the university leadership team and report to Provost. You lead Aalto’s learning services and, in matrix, Vice Deans responsible for teaching and learning at the Schools. The position is fixed term for a period of 5 years.
Your experience and skills
To succeed in this role, you have a convincing academic track record, excellent track record in teaching and a doctoral degree in a relevant field. You have experience and thorough understanding of learning, teaching and pedagogy from an academic context. Having a deep understanding of our unique profile of art and design, business and technology, you are committed to promoting multidisciplinarity of these fields. You have leadership experience and enjoy leading, motivating and inspiring people. You are fluent in English, while knowledge of Finnish is considered an asset.
Your passion and ambitions
You have a student-focused mindset and great enthusiasm for learning, teaching and pedagogy. With strong collaboration and interaction skills and will, you foster excellent relations with Aalto’s schools, student bodies and other stakeholders. As a creative thinker, you embrace new solutions and have capability to lead and implement development projects. With capacity and energy to realize bold ideas, you inspire action and make things happen.
As Aalto’s Vice President for Education you will make a game changing impact.
Apply by March 30, 2018 by sending your CV and application to: email@example.com
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1111130
- Työsuhde: Määräaikainen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Espoo, Helsinki