Value Assignment Scientist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: R&D Scientist- Value Assignment Scientist
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Requisition ID: 132674BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments and develops and manufactures clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
Take a look how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://youtu.be/wDm4NLxq3nI
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting R&D Scientist (Value Assignment Scientist) to join the Research and Development department based in Vantaa, Finland.
This R&D Scientist will work as part of the Clinical Mass Spectrometry (CMS) R&D diagnostic team and participate in value assignment of critical components for LC-MSMS based applications for Cascadion SM analyzer.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative global working environment.
• Planning, performing, data processing and reporting of value assignment of critical components for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) LC-MSMS quantification methods on Cascadion SM Clinical analyzer.
• Execution of value assignments according to project timelines to ensure timely delivery of the new applications.
• Creating and maintaining accurate data records according to regulatory requirements (e.g. European and FDA medical device regulations), standards and guidelines. Comply with relevant GLP requirements and Quality Systems Requirements including relevant Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI).
• Master degree (M. Sc.) with several years of experience in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or related field.
• Experience in In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Device projects and working on a highly regulated field.
• Hands-on experience with commercial IVD R&D method development work.
• Previous experience with LC-MSMS technology as well as method verification and validation is a plus.
• Excellent time-management, planning and organization skills to handle and efficiently manage high workload and meet timelines.
• Strong computer skills and experience in MS Office package
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Good spoken and written English
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 30th November 2020. Reference: 132674BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Sirpa Riistama-Laari Senior Manager, Diagnostics Specialty Diagnostics Group on Thursday 29th October between 1-2pm or Thursday 5th November 2-3 pm.
Recruiter is John Kirtley @firstname.lastname@example.org
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com