Valuation Specialist / Senior Valuation
NORDEA BANK OYJ, NORDEA PANKKI SUOMI
We are now hiring several real estate analysts with experience from valuation/analysis of Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate and Agriculture & Forestry to join us in the Collateral Valuation and Monitoring unit as Valuation Specialist or Senior Valuation Specialist.
This is an opportunity for you to be a part of the future Nordea leveraging “common”, by developing and implementing new bank-wide valuation processes of assets with the objective of improving the bank’s processes in this important area.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
You’ll join Collateral Valuation and Monitoring, where we:
- Perform valuation of real estate properties at the time of loan origination and when otherwise required, e.g. annually for non-performing loans. The scope covers’ both residential real estate and commercial real estates as well as agriculture & forestry.
- Perform periodic monitoring of collateral values to ensure that they are up-to-date
- Follow domestic real estate market trends
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing valuation of properties for new loans, refinancing and when otherwise required, e.g. second opinions and annually for non-performing loans
- Collaborating with business units in Nordea and external partners (e.g. real estate agents)
- Keeping yourself and the team updated on the real estate market and the drivers affecting the market value of the properties.
- Work closely with valuation specialists in the other Nordic countries to leverage on a One Nordea operating model
- Analysing properties and advising business units
- Participating in relevant forums and projects
The roles are based in Helsinki. Welcome to a team in Collateral Valuation and Monitoring, a new Nordic unit. This is a great time to join us if you want to be a part of new Nordea-wide unit and processes!
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your experience and background:
- You have preferably the understanding of the bank's credit and collateral processes e.g. you have worked as Credit Analyst, Relationship Manager or Financial Advisor
- Understanding the Finnish real estate market is a necessity
- Previous working experience as a real estate agent, real estate management, valuation analyst and/or with statistical models would be an advantage
- Strong analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Economic education or relevant degree (bachelor’s/master’s)
- Fluent in Finnish and English (professional level)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 6 March 2020, and please indicate which real estate segment (Residential, Commercial or Agri & Forestry) you apply for and why.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Collateral Valuation and Monitoring Kimmo Holopainen, tel. +358 50 64104, or Commercial Real Estate team leader Wegard Bommo, tel. +47 900 25 427.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.