The validation engineers working for Eaton at our UPS plant in Espoo spend the majority of their working time in our testing laboratory where power outputs regularly exceed 2MW. Being part of the R&D team, our validation engineers serve a crucial role in the development of next generation UPS devices, systems, and technologies including energy storage solutions. Eaton now has an opening for a Validation Engineer, to design and build testing setups and carry out various testing activities in our laboratory. If you are looking to develop your skills and know-how in power electronics, to learn from the best UPS experts in Finland, and to call our testing lab your new home then this is the position for you.
- Planning tests and building test setups, carrying out tests and documenting the results.
- Developing test processes, planning, requirements, documentation, and automation.
- Maintaining testing equipment in the laboratory.
- Taking responsibility for electrical safety issues in a high power laboratory.
- Cooperating with Eaton test organizations around the world.
- Developing and documenting of UPS systems.
- Providing technical support for sales, marketing, service, and production organizations.
- Participating in new product development.
Basic requirements of the position include:
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics or equivalent.
- Ability to work in English
- Hands on working skills
- Experience with power electronics e.g. frequency drives would be an advantage
Interested? We have a great group of people working for us in our R&D function. If you're looking for new challenges and want to deepen your knowledge and understanding of power electronics, this is the place for you. Please apply for the position as soon as possible as it will be filled once a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact Hannu Lampinen HannuLampinen@eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.