UX / UI Designer
Would you like to be a central part of a team building the largest online store for consumers in Finland? We are searching for an
We are seeking a talented UX/UI Designer to craft beautiful and customer-focused digital experiences. Together with our UX and Service design, analytics, and development teams, you will design the visual interfaces and user experience of our digital channels.
We offer a unique opportunity for a passionate designer who likes to follow design trends and is interested in how our services feel like – not just how they work. Our new strategy focuses strongly on our digital channels, and our future gaming experience will set the pace for the whole industry. This role will require a designer who is willing to collaborate, learn, and make an impact on our 1.5 million weekly users in our online store and mobile apps.
It's also essential that you are willing to validate your design and learn from the experiments we do on our services. With a turnover of over 3 billion euros, everything we do has a significant impact – small changes can have a big impact, and significant changes can change the whole industry.
You don't have to do this alone, though. Our team meets approximately 400 end-users each year, ensuring that we understand their motivations, what they are looking for in our services, and where we can improve. You would work tightly together with our UX-designers, data scientists, and web analysts to create the best service for our end-users.
Strong communication skills ensure that you can support our design transformation and help our colleagues to understand the value we are creating. Equally important is your enthusiastic attitude to work together with our skilled developers and will to ensure the high quality of our services.
What we offer
- A versatile design position, where you design, learn, and see the results of your work in the biggest online store for consumers in Finland
- Culture and organization which support your work
- Opportunities to develop your skills
- Good fringe benefits and a friendly working environment
- Capable and enthusiastic community around you
What we expect from you
- 3+ years’ professional experience
- Track record of creating user interfaces and visual elements for digital consumer services
- Strong communication skills and ability to share knowledge and design vision for the team
- Experience in design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
The role is based in Helsinki at the headquarters of Veikkaus. Due to the nature of Veikkaus as a company we will perform a security clearance check to the person selected to the position.
Please submit your application no later than 17th of November 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Ari-Heikki Sarjanoja, Head of Service Design
- or by calling 09 4370 2217 on Wednesday 30th of October 13 – 15 pm or on Wednesday 6th of November 13 – 15 pm.